Chapter Twelve

"DO YOU HAVE HEART?"
"SIR" we all shout throwing our fist to our chest.
"AT THIS TIME YOU HAVE 3 OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO YOU. THE GARRISON REGIMENT WHOS JOB IS TO MAINTAIN ORDER AND REINFORCE THE WALLS. THE SCOUT REGIMENT WHO RIDES OUT INTO TITAN LAND TO TAKE BACK WHAT IS OURS. AND THE MP REGIMENT MAINTAINING LAW AND ORDER UNDER THE KING. THOSE ABLE TO JOIN THE MP's HAVE ALREADY BEEN NAMED, LOOK, THESE ARE THE TOP OF YOUR CLASS."
10th place, Christa
9th place, Sasha
8th place, Connie
7th place, Marco
6th place, Jean
5th place, Eren
4th place, Annie
3rd place, Bertolt
2nd place, Reiner
1st place, tied Mikasa and Rin
We were all gathered in the dinner hall after the ceremony, I was standing with Eren, Armin and Mikasa. the others were asking us about what regiment we wanted to join and I spotted Jean sulking alone, "hey Rin, you still plan to join the scouts with your dad." Armin asked but I ignored him, "hold that thought Armin." I said leaving the group and heading for Jean, I snuck up behind him and hugged him right from behind causing him to jump, "RIN?!" He yelled. I squeezed him tighter and leaned my face in front of his, "why are you sulking all alone? You got in the top 10, you should be happy! MP's here you come right?" I laughed trying to lighten the mood, but Jean didn't laugh, I let go of him and plopped down in the seat next to him. "Talk to me" I said with a soft smile, and his face loosened. "Rin ." He said standing up. I looked up at him, "yea?" I said and he started to walk out the door, "what? Leaving?" I said confused as I ran after him, "hey wait up." Once we got outside he stoped and faced me again."Rin, I need to tell you this, and I hope it will change your mind." He said looking down at his feet. I was silently hoping that this wasn't about to be any other person trying to get me to not join the scouts. "Jean?" He was silent for a moment before speaking again, still not looking at me, "Rin I like you more then anyone else, I don't want to be apart from you. I want I know you longer, I want to spend more time with you," he said now looking down at me, "I have feelings for you, I want you to be with me. Rin I want you to join the MP's, and stay with me." My heart sank and I got light headed all of the sudden. He wants me to do what?he wanted me to abandon my family in the scouts and just run away with him? No way, no way I could ever abandon my dad like that. And then I remember how I felt that night, and for some reason I started to feel sick, I knew I cousins say yes but why did I feel like I wanted to? Since that night we trained together, but I won't abandon my father, everyone, they're expecting me.
I looked away from jean and at the ground, I shook my head, I couldn't say anything, I felt so overwhelmed.
I've never felt emotions like this, I wasn't sure what the right thing to do was, do I abandon my father, or do I abandon Jean? I think I knew what the answer was already.
I looked up at Jean now, his face, he looked almost worried. "Jean, I think I might like you too," His face lit him and he started to speak again before I cut him off, "but..I'm joining the scouts." His smile faded, "Rin, think about this you were first in the class, you deserve a place in the MP's." I looked up at him fighting the tears, I never cried, so why did I want to do bad? "my family needs me Jean, my dad needs me. I miss them so much, I can't abandon them."
"Rin joining the Scouts in a death wish! Even for you!"
"You don't think I know that? I know I could die but if I can help the cause then I will, no matter the cost!"
Jean and I now were shouting at each other.
"Rin if you die I will never forgive you damnit! I need you alive. do you think your father wants you out there to die? You're friends would want you in the interior where you're safe not becoming Titan chow!"
"I need to be with my family damnit! I've spent my whole life planing for this and I refuse to let them down."
I took a step back. Jean and I looked each other in the eyes before I broke eye contact, "I
Damn you if you think id just abandon my family."Then I ran back towards the girls dormitories, leaving Jean standing there feeling like a complete asshole.

I lay in bed unable to sleep. I kept thinking about Jean, And my dad. I remembered silently watching him during training, switching between sitting with him and Marco and Eren. I remembered training with him alone that night, and embarrassing him in training by one upping him on multiple occasions. I smiled, but then I remembered something, I didn't want to leave Jean like this, I wanted him to understand. So I threw the blankets off of myself and ran out of the girls dorms as fast as I could, I didn't bother to get dressed or even put my shoes on. I snuck into the boys dorm room and looked around for Jean. He was sleeping on a bottom bunk thank god. I knelt down and started shaking him awake, "psst Jean, hey, I have to show you something." He rolled over, "what." He said groggy. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of bed, "shh, just follow me." He groaned as I pulled him outside into the cold night air, he huffed "Rin? its cold as hell why are we out here." He complained still half asleep. I came close to him, so close that our bodies almost touched, this woke him up. "What are you-" he started before I grabbed his hand and put it to my face, "will you just shut up, I want to try something so just, relax." I could tell he wasn't relaxed, his face was pink and I felt his hand shaking against my face. "Close your eyes." I demanded. "Rin wait-" I interrupted him, "ugh just do it!" I said rising my voice and this time Jean Hesitantly obeyed. I closed my eyes too and started envisioning what I wanted him to see.
——————Jean pov——————
"Close your eyes." She demanded as she put my hand on his cheek, I felt my face heat up even tho her hands were so cold. Wait was she about to, kiss me? Is this why she came and woke me up? No, is this okay? "Rin wait-" she cut me off before I could explain. So I just listened, feeling the knot in my stomach grow. Suddenly, when I closed my eyes, I saw white, I opened my eyes quickly and still only saw white. I started to panic until I could head voices, Rin's voice to be exact, but someone else too. I squinted until I could see. I saw Rin, she looked younger, like when we first became Cadets, but this must have been before that. She was standing in an office with two other men, one was short and had black hair, he leaned against the wall watching Rin draw something on a large Chalk board. The second man was sitting at a deck, he was bigger with blond hair and bushy eyebrows. Suddenly Rin threw down her chalk, "what do you think Erwin? Dad?" The man with the black hair, that was, levi? Rin's father..? Erwin stood up and put his hand on Rin's shoulder. "You're very talented." Suddenly this vision faded and into another.
"RIIIIIINNNN" yelled another person with brown hair as they tackle hugged a younger Rin who smiled big.
"Section commander please you'll hurt her!" Yelled another man running down the hall towards the two.
Then like the other it faded.
I saw Rin and a girl, she had short red hair. They were chasing fire flies on a hill.
Then again, it faded away.
Next I saw a very tall man with blond hair, he was holding his hands out as Rin was punching them, suddenly she stoped, panting heavily, "micheeee can we take a break."
Then again.
I saw Rin as a small child, riding on the back of some girl, she looked young, she had red pig tails in her hair, Rin and the the girl were laughing. I also Saw a young levi and another man, tall with blond hair smiling and walking next to them.
Suddenly my ears began to ring loudly as the images faded and suddenly i was back in body, back in the dark of the outside and the cold wind. I felt the cold air hit me like needles. It felt like waking up from a dream. I was also Face to face with Rin who opened her eyes right after me and and stumbled slightly. Neither of us spoke for a moment until, it wasn't awkward, until I broke that silence, "what the hell Rin." I said softly. Rin showed no emotion of course. I felt a little annoyed at her lack of explanation and raised my voice a little. "Okay Rin spill, what the hell was that?" She sighed and looked up at me, "that was my family, I wanted to show you why, why I needed to go back. To go, home. I showed you some of my memories, don't ask me how I can do such a think because I don't know. My dad said my mom couldn't so I'm not sure why I can. I'm not supposed to tell anyone tho so, I just, I didn't want to leave you like this." I just starred at her, her memories? She got in my head? Or she put me in her head? Damnit this makes no since.  Suddenly I heard a rustle behind us, I think Rin heard it too because she jerked around, but there was nothing. Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around me, Rin , she was hugging me. This was our first proper hug, I felt my heart beat speed up and my face went pink again, I couldn't believe a girl was hugging me, but, it was just Rin, so I loosened and hugged her back, resting my chin on the top of her head.

————————Reiner pov———————-
I was just trying to sleep, but for some reason I was having a hard time. Then I heard it, the door creeping open slightly as a figure pushed in. I didn't move, but faced the person trying to make out their face, Rin? She squatted next to Jeans bed before the two of them left. After the exited the room I decided to follow, maybe it was just my Curiosity but something didn't feel right. Then I see it.
So Rin's special after all? I knew something was different about her, their is no more debate now, shes coming home with us.