Chapter thirty three

We were now back at the wall. They were pulling an unconscious Ymir up the wall. I was walking with Jean on top of the wall when I spotted Eren, he seemed zoned out. I grabbed onto jeans arm and pulled him forward, "let's go check on Eren," I said nicely. Jean scoffed, "that jerk is just fine." I frowned at him, "Jean, it's been a long day. He just found out that he's not the only Titan shifter. I'm sure his brains a wreck, We should check on him." Jean scoffed again and turned away from me and started walking the other direction, I hate when he gets like this, "go ahead, come find me when you're done I guess." I felt a tug in my heart but I let him ago and walked over to Eren. I stood next to him and he turned to me, "Rin." I smiled softly, "hey. How are you?" Eren didn't smile or laugh, he just looked out in front of him, "i don't know." I sighed, "yea me either." Suddenly their was the sound of grunting and 2 hands appeared over the wall. Eren walked over to them and I followed. It was just Reiner. Eren helped him up, "here, take my hand." Reiner was now standing with us on top of the wall but the would have been conversation was interrupted by the arguing of Historia and Hange. "Please! I'm telling the truth! Ymir could have left but she didn't! She chose to fight the titans to save us! She had nothing to gain putting herself on the line like that. Doesn't that mean something about where her loyalists lie? Yes she should have told us before, she had no right keeping such a secret. But I think she was just worried about what might happen to her. Clearly her priorities have changed now. This isn't nearly as complicated as it's being made to be."

"Is that so? Well I suppose it does help us to be friendly. But her priorities aside, I'll wager what she can teach us about the enemy is beyond measure. Probably. Even so, you say this isn't complicated but from where I'm standing the world gets more complicated by the day."
Historia and Hange now begun walking away, drowning out any conversation. Eren sat on the edge of the wall looking over while Reiner sat running his arm and Bertolt looked over him. "You okay Reiner?" Eren asked looking back. I sat down next to Reiner, "let me see how it's healing," I said looking up at him. "It's okay. But I'm not okay by a long shot.  That Titan almost chewed my arm off. It's Pathetic, Rin had to save my ass and i was accepting death." I didn't react, or say anything, what was I supposed to say? Suddenly the sound of ODM gear took my attention, it was Armin. Eren rushed over to help him over the wall, "what else are you supposed to think at a time like that, you're only human." I looked at Reiner sympathetically, "he's right you know." Reiner seemed worked up by this response and turned to Eren, raising his voice A little, "don't you get it? This was the second time! Armin, remember? Tell him how Annie nearly crushed me like an insect!" Armin looked at a Reiner stunned, "yea." Reiner lowered his voice a little now, "that's twice I've almost died and someone had to save me. How many near death in counters have you had Rin? And what's the chances I'll survive the third time? This is what it really means, what it means to be a soldier. Your spirit breaks and your body follows. But no good whining about it now. At least not till we plug up the wall." Eren gave Reiner a sideways glance, "that's true. That two of you have been driven far enough away from your home town as it is. This is it, this is where we draw the line." I jumped a little when Bertolt yelled, I've never heard him raise his voice before, "Truer words were never spoken!! Home! Let's go home! We've been here long enough! Compared to everything else we've had to go through, the rest is easy!" Bertolt now knelt down in front of Reiner. Reiner seemed relieved, almost happy when he responded, "you're right. We don't have much further to go before it's done!" Eren, Armin and I looked at the two guys stunned. "Reiner," I said softly, I didn't like how he worded that, it made me uncomfortable and gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. Eren seemed just as confused, "what are you guys talking about?" The conversation was drawn short however and Hannes started to climb the wall. "The walls perfectly fine," he announced. I felt sick when he said this. Something was wrong. Hannes continued, "we spent all night trying to find out where they're getting in. Between Trost and Krolva district, nothing. No holes." Hange lunged forward a little, "that's impossible!" Hannes was now standing on the wall in front of us, "we ran into a search party from Krolva and retraced our steps. And not a single Titan on the way here either." Hanges face dropped in disappointment.
How is this even possible. I think I'm going to be sick.
"But- but that's impossible. We know for a fact that titans are on this side of wall rose," Armin stuttered out. Eren rolled his eyes at Hannes's report, "oh common, you've had to much to drink, seriously?"
Hannes raised his voice at Eren, "why you little- what a second, why are you kids even here?"
I didn't know Hannes well, we were only acquainted a couple times. Hange turned to look at us all now, "if their is no breach then I guess we have to change tactics. We'll head back to Trost right away." Hange begun to lead everyone away. Armin, Sasha, Mikasa and I started to walk ahead. I stoped when I realized Eren wasn't following. "Hey, you coming?" I asked him trying to paint on a soft smile. Eren gave me a half smile back before his name was called again. "Eren," Reiner called out to him, "we should talk. You have a second?" Eren looked at Reiner then back at me, "go on ahead Rin, I'll catch up." I nodded and jogged to catch up the others.
I was walking next to Mikasa, she noticed Eren was behind and looked back. I sighed, "I'm not sure what's going on, but somethings wrong. I can feel it." Mikasa nodded, "same."

"I'm the armored Titan and he's the colossal."

Mikasa and I froze in our tracks.
No way. No way in hell.
"It's simple, if you want the walls to remain standing just comes with us. We're taking Rin too but that should be simple. You're the biggest concern, because you're a shifter too. Do you understand?" Mikasa grabbed my arm and whispered to me, "you should go, you have no gear." I looked at her like she was crazy. "No way in hell. I don't run from an enemy."
No way in hell, I trusted him. Reiner was my friend. I trusted him.
Eren seemed frazzled now, "understand what? What the hell is there to understand?" Reiner got more aggressive now, "listen to me. I need you to do exactly as I say. I know this is sudden but we have to go."
"now? Go where? Where would you take me, and what do you want with her?"
"I can't tell you. Not yet. Just think of it as our hometown. Okay? So what's it gonna be? Not a bad deal right? Change to avert a major crisis?"
"I'm not sure."
Armin started waving at us now, "guy let's get a move on. We're heading out!" Mikasa looked stunned. My heart felt like it had dropped from my body. My head hurt and my skin felt hot but my sweat was cold. I felt so hurt, so betrayed.
Eren grabbed Reiners shoulder, "you're just tired. Right? Help me out here Bertolt. Your nerves are shot. You don't know what you're saying."
Bertolt looked shocked, "uh, I uh, yea. It's the battle fatigue talking!" Eren nodded and smiled, "see, it's okay. You're okay. If you really were the Armored Titan what's the endgame here? We wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place. What'd you expect me to do? Comply and say yes? Let myself and Rin be kidnapped just cause you asked nicely?" I looked at Reiner's face, horror, his face held abstract horror. Then it changed to a look of pure insanity, his voice was shaky when he spoke, "right. You're right. I'm not thinking, am I? I Barely know what I'm saying here. Must've gone off the deep end." Bertolt and Reiner stood there for a moment while Eren walked passed them and towards Mikasa and I, "common, let's go," he said simply. Suddenly a flag flew off the tower, this seemed to be the breaking point. Everything was silent. Mikasa gripped her sword, before whispering to me, "if this goes to shit, I'll give you one of my blades. Just stay close." I heard her but I didn't acknowledge her. My sole focus was on Reiner. He started shaking now, before talking in a still shaky voice, "that's right. Heh, I've been here too long for my own good. Three years Of this madness, surrounded by idiots. I even managed to fall in love with one. We were kids. What'd we know about anything? Why did there have to be people like this? Like her? Why? Why? Why did I have to let myself devolve into such a piece of shit? It's to late now. Dammed if I know what's right anymore! Who cares, it is what it is. No choice but to face what I've done." Reiner pulled off his arm bandages to reveal smoke coming from his Titan bite, "as a warrior. No road left but the one that leads to the end!" I was stunned, left completely speechless.
What the hell is this.
Bertolt seemed in a panic, "Reiner? Now? Right now? We're doing This." Reiner seemed more angry and determined then ever, "yes. Right here, right now. We settle this once and for all." Mikasa ripped out two of her swords, pushing one at me and charging towards Reiner with the other. Mikasa sliced Reiner, then Bertolt. I held the sword in my hand.
Reiner. Bertolt. Reiner, how? I trusted you. You lied to me.Were you working with him all along? Are you on the same side as that beast? I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'LL KILL YOU"
I charged Reiner with my sword sliding his hand off, "I TRUSTED YOU." I charged him again but Eren grabbed my arm and yanked me back. Reiner and Bertolt were now covered with a cloud of yellow smoke. Suddenly yellow wind, so strong it blew my nearly off the walls. I had no ODM gear to Hold myself. I looked in abject horror as the colossal Titan appeared, it was covered in a cloud of smoke and it's eyes glowed as it Roared. Then I saw him, Reiner, the Armored Titan. He grabbed Eren. Then I heard the screeching of Christa. Bertolt got Ymir. Suddenly the hand of the Armorer Titan wrapped around my body, I used the sword to stab and slice at the body but it was no use, the blade couldn't cut through the armor. "LET ME GO DAMNIT ILL KILL YOU. YOU HEAR ME I HATE YOU!" I screamed. But that only made him tighten his grip, knocking the air out of my lungs for a moment. The Armored Titan slid down the wall, and ran. They got us.
"Reiner. I trusted you. You took someone I love away from me, you took Miche. You were on his side, you lied to me. I trusted you and you lied. I'll never forgive you. I'll kill you. You won't take anyone else away from me. I loved you, and for that I'll kill you."