Chapter 4

Katie's POV
"Thank. The. Lord. Keith. I'm so glad I didn't have to go looking for you."
"Yea, I was just dropping off my friend Kasy."
The breeze blew my hair outta my face,
"Oh. That's co-"
"Holy shit! What the hell happened to your face?!" His eyes were wider than a train car and full of surprise and concern.
"Oh, uh.......Um......uh...... I don't know?" It came out as more of a question. Which really gave it away.
"Bull shit. Look, I don't really care if you tell me right now but that gash is pretty bad so come on."
"Gash?" I reached up to my head, but Keith brushed my hand away.
"Yeah, gash. Don't touch it. We're going to my buddies house. He'll fix it up. Let's go."
"Um." I started, but it didn't seem as though I had much of a choice because my brother literally swept me off my feet, holding me bridal style and began walking to his friends house. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder. That was the first time I ever had that good of a nap, I felt so safe in his arms.
Just before I drifted off I realized why he was carrying me. I had no shoes on and my feet were pretty dirty. Well at least he's still nice.

A/n I know it's short the next one will be longer Promise