Chapter 9

Katie's POV
Shit shit shit
Now Dallas knows how much I weigh. I jumped off the scale, and kicked it to the side. My back was facing the door, Dal was about 2 feet in front of me.
Fuck
And my arms agghhhhh
"Katie talk to me girl" he glanced up at me.
Oh I loved when he called me girl
"Dal I don't know." I paused, "So much has happened since you left." I paused again "I just want to be beautiful but I'll never get there"
"That's not true" he whispered. He was sitting with one knee on the floor and the other one up. Like he was tying his shoe. His left hand in a fist on the floor, seeming to balance him. His right arm on his knee. He was looking at the floor when he talked. A tear rolled down my cheek. "Please don't tell my brother" I whispered.
He stayed silent. He wouldn't look at me.
"Dal", I said
"Dallas", I raised my voice, breathlessly; hoping he would look at me.
"DALLAS", I screamed.
I was sobbing by now, he hadn't even moved a muscle. "Dallas please" I whispered. His eyes raised to the now open door, the only thing I could see through the tears was how tight and hard his jaw was.
Steve was staring wide eyed at us. Shit. I quickly rolled down my sleeves. Dallas looked back down. I reached out and touched Dals shoulder. His muscles were so tense I thought they could pop. He still didn't move. "Dallas" I barely whispered. Nothing. I started to back up, and I backed until I hit the wall, never taking my eyes off of him. Once my back hit the wall I slammed my fist back on to wall so hard I felt the skin break and some wood go in my hand. Steve jumped, but Dallas still didn't move, not even a flinch. I was still sobbing. I slid down the wall, my shirt raised up and I felt the unfinished wood scratch my back up. I brought my knees closer to my chest with my butt on the floor. My hair was everywhere and tears streamed down my face. I finally took my eyes off of him. I brought my hands to my face, mixing my tears with the blood in my hand. I just sat there and sobbed.
I felt a new presence in the room. Buck had brought me and Dal a bottle of whiskey. He handed Dal a glass, and Dal threw it across the room making it shatter. Everyone but Buck flinched. Buck slowly stood up and brought the bottle of whiskey to me. I took the bottle, and started to chug it. Even Dal was staring at me through the corner of his eye. It was half empty, by the time Buck finally wrestled it out of my hand.
"That'll kill ya pretty lady"
"Good" I mumbled
Buck stood up, putting the bottle near Dal and walked out. Steve stood at the doorway still. I'm not even sure what the hell I had just drank, but I craved more now. I just felt so numb. I wanted it, that'll show Dallas. You wanna ignore me, well Fuck. You. I stood up and quickly ran to the bottle, I grabbed it but Steve grabbed me and got the bottle. I screamed "NO. GIVE IT BACK"
"No, now calm down"
"NO" I was freaking out and I was started to scare myself
"Damnit Dallas help me." Steve begged.
I was kicking and throwing my arms around. I was just scream-sobbing. I looked down at Dallas and he hadn't even moved, not a glance up. I stopped dead. Steve's grip didn't loosen. He was somehow holding me up in the air with one arm, the other hand on the bottle. I couldn't breathe that's how tight he was holding me,(how did I scream?)
"Steve,.......please.....let....go"
His grip loosened, I got out of his grasp. I grabbed the bottle and jumped out the window. I'm not sure how I grabbed the vines so quick and didn't break anything. I ran deep into the woods. Drinking the bottle of whatever it was whiskey.
Dal was disappointed in me, he didn't love me anymore. I'm no good. He just told me what I already knew.
I stumbled upon a garage looking thing, there was a party and I wanted in. I walked in the open door. I saw the famous Tim Shepard that Two bit pointed out. He was drinking while some other guy was snorting cocain. Another guy was shooting up heroin, and someone else was smokin meth. I liked this. I was gunna do everything. Nobody cares about me, so why should I? Nobody needs me anymore, so I mines swell disappear.
No guys were trying to touch me which was good but they were all watching. Probably didn't want to get involved in my beat up face. I didn't like being the center of attention but it was fun tonight, because fuck it right.
That was until Dallas Winston walked in. And everything went quiet.