Chapter 6

Dallas POV
That motherfucking bastard hit my best friend. I knew he was hittin her before but she kept telling me it would be fine and he was getting better. I knew better though. This girl is the other half of my life. Johnny and then Katie. There's really nothing else except the gang but they count with Johnny and everything. Katie's like my sister yet she's like my girlfriend. I love her both ways honestly, I protect her like she's my own, and I'd do anything for her. I listened to her say facts about her and she was about to say my name when I walked in. I was soooo pissed when I came through the door, seeing her all beat up and with those stitches Darry gave her. Yes I know I saw her before but she looked worse now. Like somehow, her being awake made it more real. I was still waiting for her to give an answer.
"Well. Um. It uh was um.......Uh"
"Damn it Katie. Why did you let it get that bad?" I think I yelled
"Well. uh sorry?" She whispered/ questioned
"Don't. Don't you dare say that"
Ugh I was sooo pissed I shoulda never left her. I honestly should have taken her with me. Ugh. I was so pissed off that she blamed herself, I walked out the door and started to walk to Bucks. I heard a gasp and then nothing as I was too far to hear.

Katie's POV
He got up and slammed the door I gasped and almost started to cry. Two bit came over and wrapped me in his arms. I didn't mean to but I snapped and elbowed him in the gut and he replied with an uphm.
"Katie." Two wheezed "he's.. he's ....... Just like that"
I let out a shaky breath "Sorry Two." I mumbled
"It's good. Mind telling us what the hell that was." he said finally getting his breath
"Well.... as I was saying before I lived in New York where I met my forever best friend Dallas Winston. But he cut me off by making a grand entrance. We were like brother and sister yet boyfriend and girlfriend. Then he left. Without a word really." I wasn't going to tell them the truth.
"Darry may I get a glass of water?" I asked.
"Yea of course" I got up and tapped Steve on the shoulder so he would follow me.
"Steve" I whispered, once we were both in the kitchen.
"Yea?"
"Where's the nearest bar?" I asked
He cocked an eyebrow "Why?"
"Does it matter?! I just need... want to know"
"Don't tell ur brother or anyone.. but walk out of this house. Go left. Then just follow the road. Once you get over the hill, you can't miss it."
"Okay. And I won't tell him. Thanks."
"No problem. Just promise me somethin"
"What?"
"Be careful of the Socs, rich kids, mustangs and madras. Don't get too drunk please. And please just watch yourself. Please. By the way, that's probably where dally is."
"Ok I promise. Please understand that I use to live here so I do know. And that's what I'm counting on. Plus I need a damn buzz."
"Alright" he sighed, like he didn't want me to leave.
"Bye guys, I'm taking a walk" I yelled and I was alone. I walked to Bucks and went through the door.