9

kuroo woke up and sat on his bed. rin was sleeping soundly next to him, back rising slowly. his neck was covered in small, purplish bruises. getting up, kuroo put on a pair of sweatpants and went into eita's room, seeing if his son was still asleep.

and sure enough, eita was still sleeping soundly on his bed. kuroo smiles, slowly closing the door. he went back into his room to see if rin was awake yet.

"rin," he whispers, planting a kiss on his cheek.

"too early," and covered his head with the blankets.

kuroo laughs, ruffling rin's hair. "come on, we have work today."

rin sad up, eyes a little gloom and was frowning. kuroo noticed this and took a seat next to rin. "is something bothering you?"

"kind of."

"what is it, rin? lo qué te está molestando?"

rin shrugs, "just thinking about what i would be doing if i didn't quit volleyball, figure skating, or the piano."

"hm? what's got you thinking about that?"

"i'm always thinking about it," rin says, staring at his tattoos. "but sadly, figure skaters 'expire' at the age of 18, according to some coaches."

"i wonder if that's why your sister also quit."

rin chuckles, leaning back so his back is touching the headboard. "shame, kai could've gotten gold if she was in the olympics."

"well, it's not like she completely quit but i doubt she can go back professionally."

"true." rin got up from the bed and went over to the mirror, trying to fix his hair. "you left too many marks."

"my bad." kuroo laughs, going up to rin. he rest his chin on his shoulder. "get dressed, i'll give you some clothes."

"yeah, okay. are you going to wake up eita?"

kuroo stares at the clock. "yeah, go open up without me."

rin nods his head and went to the closet so he can just pick an outfit. he threw a shirt and sweatpants on and grabbed his phone, heading downstairs to the pub. rin turned on the lights and let out a small yawn.

he brewed himself some coffee so he can wake up and begun to make some cake batter.

after a few minutes, kuroo came downstairs with eita in his arms, still half asleep.

"making blueberry muffins again?" kuroo asks, sitting down with eita still in his arms.

rin nods his head. "yeah, but not for you."

he rolls his eyes, "you never make them for me."

"you love me~" rin sang, getting his coffee.

kuroo snorts, walking around the pub with eita in his arms. he stared out the glass door. "it's been raining a lot."

"yeah, perfect weather if you ask me."

kuroo grabbed his phone and played some soft music in the pub. it was still pretty early in the morning and the two were going to be alone for a few hours. eita started to wake up so kuroo let him down and let his son wander around the pub like usual.

"so," kuroo sat in front of rin, watching him bake. "how are you feeling?"

rin gave him a weird look, letting out a tiny laugh. "what do you mean by that?"

"don't play dumb with me, nanashima." rin winced. "now, want to tell me?"

rin shrugs, "just... stuff, you know? my mental health hasn't really improved all that much but i'm working on it."