13

"kenma, why are you even here if you're not going to help me?"

"i'm here for moral support, mom."

"seems like tetsurou is late again," sumi sighs. "he must be busy."

eita walked over to kenma, holding his backpack. the toddler dropped it and extended his arms, asking kenma to carry him.

"okay, 1 2 3 and up!" kenma set eita on his lap. "now, where in the world is your dad?"

"can't you just take me home?" eita mumbles. "you know where it is."

"i don't think i can do that, eita." laughed kenma. "i would need your dad's permission."

"call him!"

"i don't have his number,"

"call kai!"

"but—"

"call herrrrrr!" eita whines.

"okay okay!"

kenma took out his phone and went to his contacts. he only has nana's number because he was a fan of her, never did he expect to be calling her for something like this.

after the third ring, she picked up. there were a lot of background noises.

"oh my god, kenma i was just about to call you." nana says. it sounded like she was in a hurry. "i know it's a lot, but can you drop eita off at the pub? we're super busy at the moment and — SHUT THE FUCK UP RIN, I KNOW! — okay my bad, but yeah, is that alright with you?"

"yeah, i can. it sounds like you're quite busy."

"oh my god, thank you so much. i'll let kuroo know."

they hung up and kenma put eita back down on the floor. "i guess i'm taking you home."

eita let out a cheer and ran to the front door. kenma told his mom that he'll be dropping off eita, so she doesn't have to worry about it anymore. kenma took eita's backpack and hand, walking out of the school. the sun was setting but luckily, it wasn't too dark.

as they walked to the train station, eita hummed a tune that kenma didn't recognize. he was behaving quite well for someone his age.

"eita, when's you're birthday?"

"decemeber 25," he mumbles. "christmas."

"so you're turning 4 soon? how do you feel?"

he shrugs, "i dunno, i just want to eat lots of food."

"simple minded."

it didn't take long for the two to get to the pub. even from afar, kenma can tell it was quite busy. he saw nana dancing around the pub, trying not to bump into people. she noticed them and quickly handed bokuto the tray she was holding and went out of the pub.

"kenma!" she waves.

he stared at her, eyes going lower than intentioned. her outfit was somewhat revealing, making kenma quickly turn around. he felt his neck burning.

"hm? something wrong?" she asked, trying to make eye contact him with.

"no!" he quickly replies.

"okay, sure." nana laughs, taking eita's hand. "c'mon, i'll take you to the third floor."

"am i allowed?"

she shrugs, "i see no harm, kuroo will be up in a minute, so don't worry."

they climbed the flight of stairs that was outside the building. as they got to the third floor, nana unlocked the door and eita ran in.