15

kenma nervously started at the massive house in front of him.

he knew the nanashima family were rich.

but this rich?

it was new year's eve, meaning it was also rin and nana's birthdays. the twins were kind to invite kenma to their little party they were throwing. apparently it was just the main group + their siblings.

kenma showed the security guard the text messages between him and nana and he let him in. the front garden of the nanashima estate looked absolutely gorgeous covered in snow.

he called nana, telling her he was at the front door and that she needed to open it.

in a few seconds, rin's head poked out.

"hey cutie, glad you could make it." rin winks, going in for a hug.

kenma playful rolls his eyes, "aren't you a flirt, feeling narcissistic because it's your birthday?"

"maybe."

rin let kenma in and took his coat, leaving it on the hanger. from the looks of it, kenma was the last one to arrive.

although the nanashima estate was huge, the twins somehow made it feel like a small cabin. the glowing lights and lit candles made the place felt very warm and small.

kenma walked in and right away, eita noticed him. the toddler let out a small scream and ran up to him.

"hey kenma," nana greets, with shiro behind her. "glad you didn't get lost on your way here."

"ha ha ha, so funny, nanashima." he sarcastically said. "but don't you look pretty today, ready for a new years kiss?"

"and what if i am?"

he shrugs, "you do you, birthday girl," and hands her a gift bag. "don't expect too much."

she smiles at him, "i'm flattered that you got me something but i specifically told you not to."

"who said that was for you?" kenma jokes, walking past nana, thus receiving a kick from her. "JOKING!"

"you're such an asshole."

they had a lot of time to pass, assuming they were all staying up until five am. kenma sat himself on the cloud couch in the living room, enjoying everyone's company. he wasn't too much of a social gathering person but he does like it when he can just sit there and go on his phone; just enjoying the atmosphere.

at one point during the evening, kuroo sat next to kenma. he didn't say anything to him but played video games on the tv.

kenma didn't know when he put his phone down and just watched kuroo play call of duty but he was quite enjoying it. it was 11:30 p.m and kenma was a little tipsy from the alcohol he had.

"thirty more minutes!" oikawa announces to everyone. currently, there were only adults in the living room since the two kids fell asleep.

"and what? just another normal day." nana laughs, popping open another bottle of champagne.

bokuto causally took the bottle from her hand and poured her a glass, "i don't know about that one, but alright."

kuroo scrunched up his face, "stop flirting!"

"shut up, tetsurou!" nana shouts back.

iwaizumi laughs, "they fight like a couple and act like one too, yet they're not dating."

nana gave him a look. "no one asked for your opinion, iwaizumi."

"my bad."

as the clock hits 12 a.m, cheers were loud and more champagne bottles were popped. kenma laughs as he saw bokuto gave nana a small kiss on the lips, whispering 'happy birthday' in her ear.