04

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓CHAPTER FOURGOSSIP GIRL┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CHAPTER FOUR
GOSSIP GIRL
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

CRISTIAN is starting to regret accepting the invitation.

He has never been one for lounges and socialites, and sometimes he even gets sick of normal house parties or low-key bars, depending on his mood. CJ prefers his solitude, to spend time with friends in intimate settings, yet here he is at one of the most famous social clubs in New York City.

He's walking towards the entrance of Dumbo Hall with half a mind to turn around when his phone goes off. He fishes the device from his jean jacket's pocket, and immediately his brows crease at the sudden alert.

Cristian has been tagged in a post.

CJ ducks under the roof over Dumbo Hall's doors, hiding from the light rain starting to fall. After a moments hesitation, he clicks on the post and reads through the long caption:

Hello, followers. Gossip Girl here, your one and only source for the truth behind the scandalous lies of New York's elite.

Been a minute. Did you miss me? I know I've missed you.

Though you're probably going to wish I'd stayed away when I'm done, because I can see you. Not the you you've oh-so-carefully curated. The real you. The one hiding just outside the edge of frame. Well, it's time to reframe that picture.

You've gotten away with everything a little too long. Now that I'm back, I'm gonna feature your finstas, surface those subtweets, and crack your caches. You can't hide from me. Never could.

And to prove it, there's a big secret amongst the ruling class at Constance Billard. And as you will soon come to know, no good secret goes unpublished.

Watch this space. Or don't. You'll hear about it soon enough either way.

'Till then.

XOXO, Gossip Girl

"What the hell?" CJ murmurs to himself as he reads the caption over and over again. He's never heard of this account before, but it seems to have heard of him.

Not only is he tagged in the first ever post, but so are the people he's met today. Julien, Zoya, Max, Akeno, Audrey, Luna and Monet, and even Obie, despite the fact that he's never active on social media. Gossip Girl picked them all for a reason, and CJ's left wondering what reason it is.

CJ knows it's stupid to be worried about this account. It's probably some weird kid who has nothing else to do except troll the internet, and will probably get flagged and taken down in no time anyways, but it still gets his anxiety going.