12

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓CHAPTER TWELVEWHAT THOU ART┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
CHAPTER TWELVE
WHAT THOU ART
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"I'M a terrible person." Aki confesses to CJ and Obie, a look of guilt written clearly on his face. CJ holds back the need to verbally relate to his statement.

"Why? Because you wiped out as LES?" Obie asks, only half joking.

"How wrong do you have to fall to break your arm?" CJ adds, glancing at the hard cast decorating Aki's left arm.

"Very wrong, but I deserved it. I'm a terrible person." Aki shuts his locker once his skateboard is safely stored away.

"You are, like, the last person to be classified as terrible." Reassure Obie, although the pink-haired boy doesn't seem to be listening.

"What if I told you I cheated on Audrey?" Aki's eyes nervously flicker between Obie and CJ, gauging their reactions to his hypothetical question.

"I wouldn't believe you." Obie immedielty responds.

"I'd asking if you're joking." CJ tells him, hands shoved into his jean jacket.

"What if I told you I may have made out with someone other than Audrey?" Akeno elaborates, but it's clear that the question isn't so hypothetical.

"You may have or you did?" Obie asks, exchanging glances with CJ, who's just as lost as him.

"I did," Aki admits, spine rigid, "I made out with someone."

"Okay, um... was it a one-time thing, or this was a recurring—" Obie responds first, and his nonchalance makes Cristian throw him a confused look.

"Yes. Never again. Just once." Aki interjects before CJ can get a word in.

"Okay then, who cares? I mean, you still want to be with Audrey, right?"

"Of course! I love her. This had nothing to do with her." CJ can tell Akeno means his words, but that doesn't make CJ feel any less uncomfortable with the situation. Knowing he cheated makes him feel dirty, in some way.

"Okay, then why cause her the stress and embarrassment of your fuck-up? You know what I mean?" Obie reasons, which CJ mentally pokes multiple holes in.

"Actually, I don't know what you mean," Cristian finally speaks up. He looks to Akeno, who looks right back at him for advice, "I think you should tell Audrey. If you really love her, you should want to be honest. Secrets kill relationships."