4: Bath Time

A/N: Stinke monke take baf. Also, I'm not entirely sure where Macaque lives, so for the sake of the story, we'll say he lives in his dojo. Art by swagginmun on Tumblr. (Their art is very pog go check them out.)

======

Today was not a good day for Macaque. When he woke up this morning, one of his spears fell right on his face. After that, when he finished brushing his teeth, the water stopped working. Then, when he went to get some cereal there wasn't any. Now, he was standing in front of his shower with his fist clenched. Of course, the shower water wasn't running. He let out a scream of frustration, did a full 180, and punched the wall behind him. He lowered his fist slowly and took a deep breath. This was fine. It was all gonna be fine because he had an idea. He didn't really like it, but he didn't have another choice.

Y/N sat on their phone as they waited for the bacon to finish cooking. Yes, they could cook. They were absorbing their daily dose of wholesome memes when they heard a knock. They faced the door, and the knock could be heard again. This time, they heard it coming from the window. They looked over and, Macaque sat there, looking smug as always. They quickly got up and opened the window for him.

"Macaque? Why are you here?"

"My..my shower isn't working right now. Can I use yours?"

He scratched the back of his neck and flashed them a nervous smile. 

"Oh! Of course! The bathroom is down the hall, second door on the right."

Macaque nodded and set off to the bathroom. Before he could touch the door, they called out his name.

"Macaque! Here's a towel and wash rag!"

They threw both of the items at him, and he caught them with his tail. He turned to look at them and gave them a smug,

"Thanks."

They only nodded. Not really the response he wanted, but he continued to the bathroom anyway.

//Time Warp//

Y/N had taken out the bacon a few minutes before Macaque got out of the shower. They figured that he could stay and eat some breakfast. If he didn't though, they didn't mind. He was taking a while to come out of the bathroom, though. Slowly, Y/N walked to the bathroom door. They stood still for a second, trying to hear if anything was happening on the other side. Nothing. They raised their fist to knock on the door, but before they could make any contact, the door was opened. 

Y/N's eyes widened at the sight of a shirtless Macaque standing in the doorway.

"I'll just leave."

And they casually walked away. Macaque was a bit confused at their behavior but then looked down. Oh. That makes sense. He chuckled and turned around, picking up his shirt and putting it on. He took his time walking down the hallway, taking in everything he saw hanging on the walls. Once he made it to the living room, he saw them scrolling through their phone awkwardly.

"Sorry 'bout what happened back there. I'll be leaving now."

"Oh, wait! Do you want some breakfast? I think I made too much-"

"Yeah, that sounds good."

"Do want to stay here and eat or...?"

"I'll take it home with me thanks."

"Oh alright,"

Y/N walked into the kitchen and made him a plate of food before handing it to him. He nodded at them before jumping out of the window, the way he came from. That was weird. Y/N blushed heavily as their mind wandered back to the image of the shirtless monkey. They paused for a second. "Does Macaque have boobs?"

=====

626 words