11: Monkey?! Is This Where You've Been For The Past 10 Years?!

A/N: Sun Wukong my beloved. Anywizzle, the art is by gigason on Tumblr. Go follow them! Ok, if we're going to address the elephant in the room, yes, I haven't updated in forever. But I'm here now, aren't I? Also, I'm just going to say it right here right now, I don't ship shadowpeach. Macaque and Wukong will be referred to as friends, but if you want to ship them in the comments I don't care, just don't be sexual. Thanks!

======

You giggled loudly as Macaque told you another one of his stories. He always found a way to make it past the barrier of your weird humor and make you laugh. You both made your way to nowhere in particular, just walking around the 'forest'. You wouldn't call it a forest, more like a large area that was kind of hard to see because of some trees. Plus, you also had to take into account that this place was restricted. But, Macaque told you it was fine so you weren't worried. Macaque chuckled with you, finding it amusing that you found him so funny. He glanced back at you as you cackled. You had doubled over, holding your stomach. Gosh, you were adorable.

He must not have noticed you stopped laughing, because he was staring at you with a smirk as you tilted your head. You waved your hand in front of his face,

"Macaque? Macaque!!" you yelled, snapping your fingers at him. This seemed to snap him out of his trance.

"Huh? Oh- sorry N/N." He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck, flashing an embarrassed smile. You cringed back at the name he had given you.

"Do you have to call me that?" you asked, completely ignoring the fact that he was just staring at you moments prior.

"What? Call you what? N/N? Huh?" he teased you getting in your face.

"Yeah! I don't like it!" you pouted, crossing your arms and sticking out your bottom lip. He chuckled at your behavior and rolled his eyes,

"Fine, I'll call you something else. What about..." he dragged out the last word, looking around to give himself ideas. His eyes landed on a peach tree not too far away from you two. He cringed. Not.

"Plum." he finished. He looked at you to see if you approved of the nickname. Your grin was enough proof.

"Plum it is," he laughed at your face. He gestured to the aforementioned peach tree and began walking towards it. You followed him and you both sat down underneath the shade of the peach tree. Just as you were starting to get comfortable, though, a voice from up above made itself known.

"WHO DARE STATION THEMSELVES UNDERNEATH THE GREAT SAGE'S FAVORITE PEACH TREE!?" 

Although the voice sounded like it was trying to hold back laughter, you still felt yourself being intimidated. What did the voice mean by "Great Sage"? Surely it couldn't be referring to the Monkey king, could it?? You tilted your head and looked at Macaque, who seemed to be visibly tense. He let out a shaky exhale before standing up. When you went to follow him, however, he put his arm in front of you. "Stay right here Y/N, I don't want you getting hurt, ok?" you pouted a bit, but nodded anyways. Since when was Macaque so serious?

Before Macaque could move from his spot someone landed in front of him, creating a large crater. When the smoke finally cleared, Macaque found a staff pointed straight at his throat. He didn't need to look up to know who it was, though. He let out a smug laugh while putting his hands up. "Wukong! 'S been a while, hasn't it?" He saw how Wukongs eyes narrowed at him. "Cut the crap, Macaque. Who is this and why are you holding them captive?" Macaque cringed a bit, he was hoping that Wukong hadn't noticed you.

"It's none of your business, and I'm not holding them captive." Macaque glared right back at him. Wukong only rolled his eyes and tilted his head to look at you. "What's your name?" You glanced around nervously. You weren't used to being put in the spotlight like this, but that didn't change the fact that you were ecstatic about the fact that the Sun Wukong was standing in front of you. "My name is Y/n!"  you grinned at him. "Y/N! You weren't supposed to answer him!" Macaque huffed. "I wasn't?"

Macaque turned to face Wukong again. "Listen, if you think that I'm holding them captive then you can do something about it, but I'm warning you Wukong, I won't stop fighting you until you leave us alone." Although Wukong was confident in the fact that Macaque had kidnapped you, he didn't want to risk hurting you by fighting him. So, he lowered his staff and glared at Macaque. "This isn't over six ears," he seethed before hopping on his cloud and flying off.

"Six ears?!" you yelled. Macaque sighed. This was gonna be a long walk home. 

=====

833 words

P.S: This chapter is clapped-