15: Just Like Old Times!

A/N: Macaque in season 3 gon make me act up. 😫 (don't spoil season 3 btw I haven't seen it)

===

A small smile crept up on Macaque's face as he reminisced about his days with Spider Queen. They weren't as close as he and Wukong, nor did they care for each other that much. They were what you would call frenemies. Despite them being pretty distant, whenever one of them needed a shoulder to cry on, the other was there to support them. Sometimes they would just listen other times they would give advice, but no matter what they were always there. That's more than Macaque could say for Wukong. He took a big breath in as he stood before the entrance to Spider Queen's lair. Or so he'd been told. He'd heard about the Spider Queen's "fall from grace", but the sewers? He straightened his posture and shook his head. He wasn't sure why he felt so tense. Maybe because he was afraid she would say no. Without any further thought or hesitation, Macaque slipped through the bars of the sewer cover.

He had to walk for a bit before he saw what he assumed was the place where Spider Queen had taken residence. It was messy and looked like a mining crew and come through and destroyed it just for fun. It kind of reminded him of his dojo. Macaque smirked before speaking up, "Hey 8 legs! I'm likin' what you've done with the place, the whole spider web thing really adds to the aesthetic," he teased. He could sense that she was here somewhere, he'd just have to keep making fun of her till she came out. "Man, you didn't even try to clean this place up before you moved in. Maybe havin' to place look less dirty would make people respect you." he paused to listen. Nothing. He continued, "I've missed you silk sac! Never would've thought you'd hit rock bottom so hard. Literally." he chuckled at his own joke.

His ear twitched a bit as he heard a few rocks tumble. If he had to guess why it was Spider Queen was shifting uncomfortably. He was getting under her skin. "Y'know, if you needed any advice on ruling your empire you could've called me. I wouldn't mind. It would've been like old times." he teased. He really did mean that though. "C'mon web wielder, don't be shy! We've known each other for dynasties, it won't be weird-" suddenly, something fell down from above, interrupting Macaque's teasing. He shielded his eyes in order to keep rubble from entering them. He squinted at the crater in front of him, trying to make out who it was. When the dust had finally subsided, there stood Spider Queen, Empress of Terror, and Mistress of Horror. She scowled at Macaque, who was grinning smugly as always. 

"What do you want, monkey man?" she asked feigning boredom. Macaque could tell she was pretty angry though. "Wow, that's all I get. Not even a "how are you" or a "hello"?" he joked. Her glare on the dark-haired monkey hardened. "I've missed you ya know," he repeated. Spider Queen's fists began to ball up as she took a step closer to him. "If you're only here to make a fool of me then I suggest you leave," she spat. Macaque chuckled, "Man, I guess you didn't miss me though, huh? Well, I'm here on business anyways." Spider Queen raised her brow urging him to go on. "I'm planning on killing Sun Wukong. I'm the only one who can." Spider Queen's brows arched at Macaque's confidence; she was impressed. "One problem," Macaque paused "My inner self... he's kind on low battery." Before Spider Queen could interrupt Macaque continued. "So, I need you to help me get him energized!" Macaque finished cheerfully.

It only took a few seconds before Spider Queen burst out laughing. Macaques' cheery mood dampened almost immediately. "Man, you crack me up baboon brains!! I haven't laughed this good in at least a couple of days!" she wiped a fake tear before sighing. "Man, that was fun!" there was a short pause before she continued, "Now get out." she pointed at the lair's exit. Macaque only rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine I get that you want something out of it, so how about your own kingdom, subjects, and everything." Spider Queen froze when Macaque extended a hand to her. She eyed him suspiciously. "How do I know you won't double-cross me?" Macaque gave her a close-eyed grin. "When I'm in power I'll make sure I won't leave my friends behind. I'll share it with you, I promise." Spider Queen smiled at the shorter Monkey and shook his hand.

"You've got yourself a deal, buddy."

====

789 words