14: Who Is You??

A/N: Everyone bully Sun Wukong, he's a loser/j. 

====

You hummed a vaguely familiar tune as you rolled out the dough for the cookies. On any other occasion, you would've just bought some cookies from a nearby store, but you were feeling productive today. Plus, it could take your mind off of Macaque for a while. He said that he wasn't able to come over today because he was planning on meeting up with an "old friend" of his. It made you feel a bit bitter, so you decided to focus on making something sweet to counter those bitter feelings! Yes, it was a very well-thought-out plan. But, unbeknownst to you, a certain monkey king was watching you from afar. He was contemplating on how to get information out of you without seeming too intimidating. He knew that as the monkey king, you would obviously be way too distracted by his appearance to even speak.

Wukong hummed in thought as he stared at you through your window. Humans are pretty dumb, right? Maybe he could fool you by claiming he was a mailman or something! Wukong laughed and shook his head, "I am just too smart for my own good." He shifted into his human form and pulled out some of his hair, turning it into a mailman uniform. He looked over himself after changing, making sure that he looked convincing, before making his way to your doorstep. On the other side of the door, you had just put the cookies into the oven when you heard someone knock on the door.

"Who could that be?" you muttered to yourself. The only people you could think of who would be knocking on your door at this time were your parents or Macaque. Your face brightened at this realization, and you ran over to the door and swung it open. Much to your disappointment, it was neither of the people you had been expecting. Just some weird-looking mailman. You tilted your head ever so slightly. "May I help you?" you asked politely. The mailman cleared his throat before speaking, "Erm, yes, I have come to receive some uh... stolen mail!" This made you even more confused.

"Isn't that a policeman's job?" the mailman tensed and looked around nervously. "Erm, well... they told me to come to get it because they figured it um... didn't really require their attention?" you looked at the mailman skeptically. Then, it hit you. "I haven't checked my mail in months!!" you huffed. The mailman tensed even more at this. "I- Erm- well- you see--" he continued to throw out random words before stopping and slumping over in defeat. You furrowed your eyebrows at the man in front of you. Why was he even here?? Just then, the man stood up straight again and pointed behind you. "Oh no, what's that behind you??" he claimed in a monotone voice.

Somehow, you fell for it and whipped your head around. "Hey! There's nothing there!!" you whipped your head back around and saw Sun Wukong, The Great Sage Equal to Heaven, standing in front of you with a smug look on his face. You jumped back in surprise, allowing him to enter your home. He simply looked around and nodded his head as if he was completely unaware of the fact that you were practically having a crisis in the middle of the room. "Wha- Sun Wukong???" said monkey looked over at you and grinned. "That's right!"

"Wha- what are you doing in my house??" you squeaked. He strutted over to your couch and plopped himself down. "I just need to ask you a few questions," he paused to look at you "about your friend." you gave him a look of confusion and got up to close your door. "W-What friend are you talking about?" you stuttered. You couldn't help it, the Sun Wukong was sitting in your living room right now. He kept his eyes on you and narrowed them. "Macaque," he said bluntly. "Macaque?? What about him?" you asked. Just then it clicked. "Oh! Is it because you two used to be friends?" Wukong hummed. "You could say that. But we're not friends anymore." you tilted your head for a second. 

Then you remembered Macaque's story. "I was cast into that shadow. He forgot about me. He left me." Your confusion quickly faded and was replaced with a frown. You didn't even know why you were so starstruck with this guy in the first place, he was a total muffin head! Wukong gave you a concerned look. "Y/N, listen, Macaque is very dangerous. I don't know what kind of spell he has you under, but you have to stop hanging out with him." Wukong warned. You balled up your fist and puffed up your chest. How could he say those things? You scoffed at him, and he looked at you with his eyebrows raised. "Y/N I'm being serious, he may seem nice and innocent now, but he's plotting something!" 

"You have the nerve to tell me to stop hanging out with Macaque?" you whispered. Wukong still heard it though, because he stood up and began walking over to you slowly. "Y/n, what are you talking about?" you glared at him and stood still. "I'm talking about how you abandoned him in your shadow and left him to rot!" you raised your voice. Wukong stopped dead in his tracks. "Some king you are, leaving your friend for some fancy powers!" you continued stepping towards him. "He was so hurt; do you have any idea how much he admired you?!" Wukong shook his head in dismissal, "Y/N I-" "No!" you countered. "He looked so sad when he told me how you left him, Wukong!" you put your hand to your chest as you stood in front of him with a pained expression on your face.

"Maybe he is evil," you lowered your voice a bit, "but did you ever stop to think why?" Wukong's eyes widened in realization. "Did you ever stop to think of a motif? Perhaps, it was because you, his dearest friend left him in the dark for some stupid powers. Maybe he's not the one in the wrong here, Wukong." he finally moved and shook his head vigorously. "No, no... y-you're wrong, Y/N. You'll see! I'm not the one to blame here!" he jumped out of your window without another word. You stood still, keeping your hands balled up into fists. Then you exhaled and just let your hands hang loosely by your side. "What a jerk," you mumbled to yourself. Beep, beep, beep. You gasped as you ran into the kitchen.

"The cookies!"

============

1107 words