17: Face Your Demon

A/N: I need to make a schedule for updating this book lol (meme by witch-among-stars on Tumblr)

====

I let out a small exhale. I could do it this time. My mind was clear, so now there's no excuse. I summoned my spear and pointed it toward the dark cave. "Come out and face me," I yelled. Not even seconds later it crawled out of its home. It looked tired, and I could tell it was weak from the sloppiness of its movements. I smirked; this should be easy then. The demon seemed to roll its eyes before getting into a fighting stance. I couldn't exactly say what the creature was. It was purple, and it looked like me, but it's been with me for the majority of my life, and I still don't know anything about it. The demon roared, shaking me out of my thoughts. "I guess that means you're ready, right bud?" I cooed teasingly. It growled and took a swipe at me with its large claw, which I easily dodged. I let out a loud laugh, "Oh yeah this is gonna be way easier than I thought."

The spider demon watched as Macaque's once neutral face formed into a cocky smirk. She rolled her eyes at his meditating figure. 'If he keeps overestimating himself, this training will go nowhere.' she thought to herself. She smirked a bit when she saw Macaque's cocky smirk turn into a frustrated frown. She was starting to get a bit impatient with him though. He obviously wasn't listening to her instructions, and just kept rushing in. If he kept this up, then she might just give up this whole thing. She hummed a bit as Macaques eyes burst open and he shot forward, breathing heavily. She made an unimpressed sound as Macaque leaned back and groaned. "I was so close! You gotta put me back in eight legs!" Spider Queen glared at him. "First of all, you need to get in the shower. You stink. And second of all, no." 

Macaque waved his arms around in disbelief. "C'mon Queenie! It's getting tired, I can tell! If you could just put me back in, I'd be able to-" The Spider Queen turned to glare at Macaque. "No. If you keep this up, then pretty soon, he won't be willing to fight you anymore. Plus, you could get stuck there. And I'm out of incense." she shrugged. Macaque let out a frustrated sigh. Spider Queen rolled her eyes and stuck her hand out to Macaque. "Let's go get something to eat. Hang out or something if it'll stop your whining." Macaque let out a defeated chuckle and grabbed onto the Spider Queens' hand, allowing her to pull him up. Spider Queen suddenly cringed back. "But first, you gotta take a shower home boy." 

After a bit of bickering and one shower later, Macaque and Spider Queen were off. Macaque tilted his head to look at his acquaintance. "So... where are we headed?" Macaque questioned. Spider Queen rolled her eyes at the impatient monkey. This was the fifth time he'd asked this question. "Would you shut up? Dang, you sound like Monkey King." Macaque frowned and stood up straight, mumbling something under his breath. "Were here vine swinger." Spider Queen announced. Macaque looked up at the building in front of them. 

"Demon Bull Spices"

557 words