★彡 dream ★彡

i actually really like the idea behind this one

————————————————————————

upon opening your eyes you knew you weren't awake. no, this was a dream. it may be unfortunate that it's not real, but oh well, if you didn't get to decide your reality you'd settle for a different one while you slept.

you sat at the edge of a cloud, feeling the soft, cotton-like texture on your hands as you pondered what kind of world you wished to be in today. perhaps exploring the mountains? a big city? maybe you could be in the realm of your favorite movie. after all, it was all up to you, right? but suddenly, you came up with an idea. sure, it may be over the top or whatever, but you were curious. for once, you could at least for a bit experience a fulfilling relationship, to know what it's like to be loved back.

and just like that, he was there. sitting right next to you.

"hey, anklebiter. you alright? you seemed sad before."

"hm? oh, no, i'm alright, thank you for asking!" you replied, reaching for his hand. he gladly accepted, intertwining his fingers with your own as he gazed at the vast, open view. it was just clouds as far as the eye could see, upon a beautiful, pastel-colored sunset.

as night fell upon the land, you got up.

"eh? what is it?"

"shouldn't we go inside? it's dangerous to stay out at night."

"oh c'mon! you don't want to stay out? it's not that dangerous!"

"alright.. we can stay out a bit later, but i'm going in soon and i'm bringing you with me. i'm not going to sleep without being near you."

you sat back down, trying to enjoy the view and not pay attention to the looming sense of danger that came with nightfall, but eventually instead directing your view towards selever, though he seemed to have been doing a similar thing, as when you had done so, your eyes met. he chuckled at your sort of mutual intuition, pulling you closer to him to give you a peck on the forehead.

but that was when it started.

the outside conditions suddenly started to grow very extreme, going from a light breeze to tropical storm wind speeds before you could even get up, and it quickly got worse from there. you gripped onto selever, attempting to resist the wind speeds and make it to your house. but you felt yourself growing tired, and your grip grew weaker,

and weaker,

and weaker.

the last thing you heard was selever shouting your name, as you fell into the dark void of nothingness. no, no, this couldn't be happening. you were losing all of your control, you were powerless, you couldn't do anything.

"y/n! y/n, c'mon, wake up!"

you jolted awake, wishing to avoid the previous events. you tried to reconnect with reality, looking around your room for one of your parents, siblings? whoever woke you up. but the person holding you wasn't either of those.

"you alright, anklebiter?"

————————————————————————————

word count || 514