Out of mind part 5

Credits come in over Tex preparing for battle, and York opening the teleporter

Tex: Okay I'll take the lead. Give me fifteen seconds then follow, sync?

York: Sync.

Tex runs through the teleporter

York: I need you to stay tight D, watch my bad side.

Delta: Of course, watching left. Execute in, three, two, one, execute. Good luck.

York: Thanks.

York runs through the teleporter and joins the firefight

York: Tex, sitrep!

Tex: Five of them at three six and three O!

Delta: Three Alpha mark. I do believe I've received the next part of the sentence.

Tex: (shooting one) Dead one at three, one down, cover my thirteen!

Delta: Problem, beta and small explosives needed.

York: Ace?

Tex: Y, stop thinking! Go low!

York: Copy.

Tex: Next reload, let's split up, you go Bravo.

York: Copy. D, need a speaker for mark.

Delta: Speaker active.

Tex: Copy.

Delta: Mark.

Tex and York: Mark!

Tex and York run out and slaughter everyone

Delta: Reloading. Three. Enemy eliminated. 92% efficiency. 36 rounds of 39 fired.

Tex: Dammit, jam! Cover, cover cover!

Wyoming fires at York on his way by

Delta: Alarm!

Wyoming hits York on his vulnerable left side. Tex throws a grenade to move Wyoming away

Tex: York, are you okay?

York: It's that damn left side.

Tex: D, info.

Delta: York has sustained two wounds to his upper-left chest. Recommend evac stat.

York: Just, need a minute. Heahh.

Delta: Administering field stint, and analgesic

York: Wait, Tex, don't, don't let 'im-

Delta: York is now unconscious. Alarm: target Alpha has reloaded.

Tex: How bad is it D?

Delta: York will not survive.

Tex: Okay D, hop in to me. I'll host you until we get outta this.

Delta: Thank you Allison, but I would prefer to stay, with York. He will need me to maintain his pain medication.

Tex: An A.I. can't fall in to enemy hands, D. If you're in there when he dies, you know what the armour's protocol will do to you.

Delta: I would prefer to stay with York.

Tex: That's very kind of you D.

Delta: It's just part of what makes us human, Tex.

Tex walks out toward Wyoming, who shoots her in the front... a lot... but she doesn't go down. Instead, she turns in to a hologram, and the real Tex flanks him unawares

Tex: Don't move.

Wyoming: How in bloody hell?

Tex: Thanks for the light show, D.

Delta: I'm here to assist.

Wyoming: Bollocks.

Delta: However I am afraid I will not be able to assist you further. York's armour is beginning to shut down.

Tex: I understand.

Delta: Good luck to both of you.

Wyoming: Both of us? You must be failing if you wish your enemy luck.

Delta: Good and evil are human constructs, Reginald. I was merely attempting to be courteous and Allison? Please protect Supernova at all cost. (shuts down)

Tex: I promise.

Wyoming: Well one more freelancer gone. I'm afraid the reunion committee will be none to happy to hear about that.

Tex: Can it. Tell me where Omega is and don't play dumb with me.

Wyoming: Hardly. I do believe our dear Omega is currently killing all your friends and supernova in that miserable canyon.

Tex: What? Why?

Wyoming: I might have mentioned you were there. He's quite keen to make your acquaintance again.

Tex: But you saw me at the snow fortress!

Wyoming: Tex may I remind you I still have a contract on some of those people at Blood Gulch. I figured why not kill eight birds with one stone, eh? And he will In joy killing supernova before she could even know what happened.

Tex: (Very angry) Well, you just signed his death warrant.

Wyoming: Afraid not my dear. You see he's already moved on to someone else, and you'll have no way of telling who.

Tex: Who did he jump in to?

Wyoming: Huh, hmhmhm, that dear Tex is between me and Omega. Oh, but you'll find out soon enough.

Tex: You know what? You don't have to tell me. All I have to do is pummel you senseless, rip off your helmet, and access your communication logs. I'll know exactly where he is.

Wyoming: Uh, hm. I see. Well in that case, perhaps I shall tell you.

Tex: Nah, I like my way better.

Tex knocks out Wyoming