Grounded and Ungrounded

Bayley's POV
I entered the house to find my mom waiting for me in the living room. "Look I know how this is all gonna go so you can yell at me on my way upstairs and we both know there's no point in taking my phone I'll just find it anyways. So I'm grounded for about a week I'm assuming so that's means only school and back here." I say making my way upstairs. On my way into my room the house was silent. "That's surprising." I say as I take my shoes off and get comfortable in bed. As I begin to shut my eyes my phone begins to vibrate, I reach over and pick up noticing that it's text from a group chat with Sasha, Becky and Charlotte. I place my phone back down until it began to ring. "Seriously?!" I say as I answered the call. "Hey Bayls!" Sasha and Becky say in sync. "Why have I been summoned?" I asked. "Everything okay you seem annoyed." Becky said and I dismissed her question. Truth is I didn't want to talk but I guess I'm going to do it anyways.

I turn to my side still getting comfortable whilst on the phone with the girls. "So are you like in trouble? You left in quite a hurry." Sasha said. "I guess so but it's nothing I'm sure I'll just be stuck in the house for a while." I say as I close my eyes and sleep slowly took over me.

Time skip cause I'm the author 🕺

I woke up from what felt like an enteral slumber and noticed it was 6:30 in the evening, my phone was nearly dead so I plugged it in and made my way down to the kitchen. "Morning." My mom said as she continued to cook. "Hi." I respond back as I look towards the stovetop. "Oo that looks amazing." I say practically drooling over the food. "By the way we should have a talk." She said and I sighed, talks are never good. Last time we talking we ended up moving to Boston, I wonder what this is about. "Oh okay about?" I ask as I took a seat. "It's about your behavior, you're right you're an adult which means you are aware of your actions. You do live under my roof so I do expect you to follow at least some of my rules, like the staying out late, the smoking and drinking I'm not a fan of any of it. But if you choose to stay out late just text me and I won't be that angry, oh and the smoking in my house has to stop I hate the fact that I walk into my house after a long day of work and it smells like I live with a 45 year old man who's been smoking Newports for 25 years and showers rarely." She said and I couldn't help but laugh at the last part. "But alright I got the idea, but if I go to prison you'll bail me out right mom?" I ask just in case and she shrugs. "Well I'm going to head back up to my room, I'm also not grounded right?" I ask before heading up and she nods.

I smile to myself as I get back in bed and pick up my phone, then it hit me. I never told mom that Becks was in Boston. I quickly dial Becky's number and thank god she answered fast enough. "Dude, I never told my mom you were back. You gotta come over for dinner to surprise the shit out of her!" I say over the phone.

"Well would she be mad?"

"Heck no she loves you Becks are you like insane you're like her good daughter who got corrupted by the older one."

"But I'm older than you..."

"Oh whatever, is that a yes?"

"Yeah it is, can I bring Charlotte?"

"Uh sure? Just like don't be all weird with her." I say before hanging up.

Why is she bringing Charlotte anyways? I don't really care but I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind in fact she loves meeting friends of mine and Becks.

A few minutes went by and there was a knock at the door and I knew exactly who it was. "Bayley can you get the door?" My mom called out from the kitchen. "Yeah! I got it!" I say as I run down to the door and open it. "Becky, Charlotte...Sasha...hey guys come on in." I say in a slight whisper, and they did just so. I close the door behind them, I turn to Becky grabbing her arm pulling her away from the two and towards the stairs. "You didn't tell me Sasha was coming!" I said in a whisper shout. "Surprise?" She says and I rolled my eyes. "Not to mention she's wearing the flannel I gave her earlier that my mom knows is like one of my favorites." I say and Becky rolls her eyes. "Everyone wears flannels you're thinking about this way tooo much." She said. "Bayley who was at the door?" My mom asked she began taking plates out from the cabinets. "Take a look for yourself." I say pushing Becky into the kitchen. "Oh my! Rebecca what are you doing here sweetheart?" My mom asked as she and Becky began exchanging in a conversation before she noticed the other two girls standing there slightly awkward. "And who are you two beautiful girls?" My mom asked. "I'm Sasha and this is my sister Charlotte." Sasha said introducing herself and Charlotte. "Oh Bayley, this is the girl you've mentioned." My mom said and I rolled my eyes. "I don't talk about her! I don't talk about you." I said looking at Sasha.

"Well that's very hard to believe." She said and push her slightly. "I'm regretting my decision as to inviting you into my lovely home." I say. "Well are you girls hungry? I made enough to feed at least the neighborhood." My mom said and they nodded. "Alright well Bayley set the table and I'll bring the food over." She said and I nodded as I grabbed the plates and forks while Becky grabbed the cups and helped me out. Once we finished my mom plated the food, once she did so we all sat, said grace and began eating. Today wasn't that bad.