𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ?

ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ?

——————

"We just sit." Alexei said from Yelena's right side and we look up at him as he looked down and I looked away from him, annoyed. As the girls looked at their 'father figure' wondering how he was still alive, whilst Natasha and Melina were talking.

Natasha stood in the doorway as Melina looked at her, "What do you mean you know Larissa's mother?" Nat questioned Melina, tilting her head in curiosity. "Larissa's mother is...." Melina said as her voice wavered and tears stung behind her eyes.

"Dead?" Nat tried to finish for Melina but she shook her head as Nat looked at her, curious about what she is hiding. "What are you not telling us?" Nat said stepping forward, closer to Melina. "I am Larissa's mother." Melina revealed as Nat looked at her shocked and stumbled back.

"You?" Nat asked unsure as Melina nodded, a tear falling down her cheek. "Before I graduated, I conceived a baby, a baby girl." Melina said looking at the books on the shelf. "I tried to leave for a better life for her but... Dreykov had other plans." Melina said looking down and up at Natasha.

"What did he do?" Nat asked her as Melina sniffed, "He took her from me and threatened me if I ever were to disobey, he would have her killed." Melina said softly as Nat blinked at the woman who had endured far more than herself.

I looked outside seeing it get darker and sighed looking down, "So, there I am ice fishing with my father." Alexei began as Yelena and I sighed in annoyance. I shut my eyes restraining myself from punching him. I'd rather deal with Hojin than Alexei. Instead, I grabbed the vodka on the bedside table and opened it to take a swing.

I handed the bottle over to Yelena and she preceded to drink from it. "It's very cold day in this little ice shed, cold even for Russia, you know?" He said looking down at the siblings and I leaned my head back against the bed.

"'Keep the vodka by the fire,' my father would say to me." Yelena shakes her as she looks down, "Please, stop talking." She began as I nodded agreeing with her. "Please wait." He started as he looked down at us, "Please, no." I said shaking my head, "Please wait." He begged as I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Please, I don't want to talk." Yelena continued as we kept our gaze away from him. "Please. Please." He said loudly as I scoffed annoyed. "There is a reason why I'm telling you this, okay? Trust me." He said as I took another swing from the bottle and placed it back on the bedside table.