↠ epilogue

"tommy if we're late cara will actually cut you into pieces and fry you," i call, impatient.

it was cara's 21st birthday today and tommy was about to make us be the last guests there.

"alright i'm here," he says, adjusting his collar.

"does it look okay?" he asks.

"let me do it," i roll my eyes, reaching up to sort out the mess he made.

"i'm capable of doing it myself," tommy huffs but doesn't push me away, one arm snaking around my waist.

"tommy you're 19 years old and still can't do your own tie," i tease.

"whatever, let's go," he huffs, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards the door, keys in his other hand.

me and tommy sat in comfortable silence in the car, i couldn't help but think about how things had changed a lot in the past two years. tommy moved to america temporarily, me and him got our own place. it all felt perfect.

"what are you thinking about?" he asks, turning to look at me at the red light.

"how perfect everything is," i sigh, leaning over to press a kiss to his cheek.

"gross," he sticks his tongue out at me.

***

"where were you two?" cara envelopes me in a hug, glaring at tommy.

a lot of things have changed but those two is not one of them.

"tommy was being a bitch and got changed like three times," i laugh.

"shut up," he scowls at me.

"happy birthday loser," he tells cara, handing her a present with a huff.

"thanks dumbass," she stares him down.

"anyway come on! you're not the last ones," she drags us into her house.

"let me guess, clay, george and sapnap?"

"i bet they're having a threesome," quackity laughs.

"my poor ears," tommy mutters.

"guys! ranboo is gonna set the kitchen on fire you might wanna check on that," tubbo comes up to us, face panicked.

"i'm going to kill that guy," cara mutters, going to check her house isn't burning down.

***

"i am so sorry we're late cara, sapnap is an idiot and lost his shoes about three times," clay laughs, giving her a half-hearted hug.

"it's clays fault for being so hot i got distracted," sapnap huffs, a smile on his face.

"stop trying to ruin dnf," george shoved sapnap.

"can you believe they're grown men," tommy whispers in my ear, standing behind me.

"jesus christ!" i squeak, not expecting him to be behind me.

"that is me," he grins.

"can i be god?" wilbur asks, coming to stand in the hallway where everyone else is.

at this point, everyone else had arrived. including karl, niki and smajor.

"now let's get drunk," cara slurred, clearly already having had a drink already as she tried to climb on the table.

quackity mumbled a curse in spanish before gently pulling her away from the table.

"can we go outside for a minute?" tommy nudged me.

i nod, confused and nervous.

he gestures for me to follow him out to cara's garden.

he sits on the patio, patting the space next to him.

i sit down, resting my head on his shoulder.

"fuck," he mutters under his breath.

"i can't believe i'm doing this," he laughs softly.

"so about two years ago, do you remember when we went to george's house for the first time?"

i nod, still not understanding.

"and dream interrupted me halfway through my sentence?"

i nod again.

"well, i was going to tell you something and-"

"god this sounds so dumb," he huffs.

i reach out, grabbing his hand and rubbing circles on it.

"it almost felt like a sign not to tell you and i've spent the last two years trying to work up the courage to say it," he rambles.

"so what i'm trying to say is," he turns to face me.

"i'm in love with you."

a smile creeps up on my face.

"is it not obvious? i'm in love with you too," i laugh.

he cups my face in his hand, slowly pressing his lips against mine.

"oh, and one more thing," a smirk creeps up on his face.

"i'm hopelessly devoted to you," he teases.

"i hate you," i push him with a small giggle.

"you just confessed your love to me loser," he gasps.

"i take it back," i teased.

"shut up."

authors note !
this is the official end </3

but don't worry!! this isn't the last of tommy and sofia

now i'm going to plug my other books ahdhahs

talk is overrated is currently on hold!! but it's a quackity and cara book

and rumours is a dream fanfic, go check it out <3

thank you all so so much

saanvi <3