:prologue:

'I had forgotten a lot of things...But I was sure of one thing.'

As Takemichi lay half-dead on the floor, his mind was racing with thoughts only he would have understood. Till now he was processing that it was possible to time leap from 12 years into the future.

And in this future...

'It was a living hell. That's why I ran away.'

"Ow," Takemichi gently tried to get up and he could feel his bones shift and break, his face numb from punches with sweat dripping down on him. His eyes gazed at the Toman members walking away. He had to ask and ask fast if he wanted to save Hina.

"Um...You guys are in the Tokyo Gang, aren't you?"  he had a dumb smile while the members nodded with pride. "I'd like to meet one of the leaders. Someone called Sano...or even Kisaki. I wonder if you could help me out?"

In the end, he was beaten up with a bat and threatened to be killed.

Takemichi did not want to see him again. He was scared.

But...he knew that if he couldn't meet the leaders, then there was no way for him to save Hina from the future. He could only find himself walking down the streets of the busy night, few people could see his beaten-up face and whispers.

He was hopeless.

"Get out the way!!"

"Huh?!" Takemichi spun around only to find himself crashing down with a heavy body on top of him. He blinked fast and tried to push the body away but the body was too heavy for his physique.

"Dammit! What the hell man?!" The figure shook his head and finally pulled away slowly. Takemichi could only marvel when he saw a pretty boy with black hair and a pretty face. 

This was a pretty boy.

Although his face was covered with a mask. He was still pretty, his eyes and his pale [s/c] skin.

"Um...Uh,"

The boy raised a brow to see Takemichi speechless. He stood up and grabbed Takemichi's hand to pull him up too. "Sorry 'bout that," the boy scratched his head. "I was running pretty fast so it's a figured you couldn't get your brain to function fast,"

'...Was that a compliment or an insult?' Takemichi pouted then shook his head. "It's...no problem. I was pretty distracted so...uh, are you okay?"

The boy nodded and offered his gloved hand up. He was offering a small shake. Takemichi took it and they both shook hands as the boy spoke. "It's almost late at night, ya should probably go and get now." the boy looked around.

"There's lots of unwanted pests wandering around right now..." he said lowly.

"Oh...okay," Takemichy pulled away and the boy nodded. "I have to go now, it was nice meeting you," he didn't even let Takemichi utter another word and ran past him with a speed that could probably rival a bike.

Takemichi blinked, finding the encounter very fast and vague. He looked at his hand, the one he used to shake hands with the boy, and then looked at the direction the boy ran through.

"Who...was that?"

---

Running was a hassle, you could barely even move with your breath being shortened.

But when you got caught again, you had to use up all of your energy to escape right away. Your brother was onto you, you could see a blur of his hair and that familiar uniform he proudly wore.

You never did know what that uniform was about. Every time you tried to ask he'd try to turn the direction away. He didn't want you to know what he was on about.

But you knew. You knew everything.

Without paying attention, you had crashed onto a kid and immediately apologized, opting to help him up and continue your pursuit of running away. 

Why did they always have to catch you in the worst times? And how could they even know where you are? You always knew there were eyes on you wherever you go, it was just annoying when they were so noticeable.

You couldn't do anything you wish properly as long as they're around. So you opted to disguise yourself. A custom-made fox mask with a black hoodie and a jumper. It was the comfiest look you could find and a way to derive yourself away from your pursuers. 

Tokyo was a dangerous place with gangs and criminals wandering around, yet here you were out and about just to seek out freedom away from that household that always caged you in.

For now, you were scouring the alleys beyond the bright city of Tokyo. Lurking around to find somewhere you could change back to your earlier get-up.

"Dammit! Dammit!" You cursed and ran towards the restroom to change and get out quickly. Your phone was already ringing and by the looks of it, your brother was wondering where you were again. If they find out one more time about what you've done, you won't get away quickly.

"Yah! Where the hell are you?" you grumbled at the tone of your brother, you weren't even that much younger than him but he seemed to have established being the older one even though both of you were born the same year.

"Ah~ I was hanging out with some friends, take a chill pill." You scratched your nape and walked leisurely along the streets with your normal civilian clothes.

"Is that so?"

"Mm. I also went out and bought dorayaki, your favorite, yeah?" you gently shook the bag. Using food as escapism from being scolded, nice.

The other line was silent for a while then a heavy sigh came and a grumble followed. "[m/n]-chin, you really know how to get around, don't 'cha..."

"Heh, it's what I do best," you smirked and twirled the straps of your bag gently. "I'm almost there, I gotta hang up now," you bid a small goodbye and hummed while walking alone.

Your eyes scanned the dim lights of the neighborhood, wondering just how many people could be on in their day without even knowing what will happen next. 

You sighed and shrugged, what they were doing was none of your business. But there was always something that had bugged you ever since you were a child. If these people were to know of their future, what would they do and how would they do it?

Because you were a person who could see such futures.

---

so, I had to edit out the "pale skin part". it's not necessarily an issue for me, but others have been commenting about it and ofc I laugh at the joking comments sometimes but I can't help but get anxious that it'll get serious.

 my take on the pale skin part was actually that pale as in almost-dead-you-need-blood-edward-cullen- pale not the pale as in pale as snow, or pale white. i was thinking more of pale complexion but I guess I made a wrong wording there. so now I'm placing [s/c] which means for skin color so yall can get more accustomed to your imaginations :)

sorry if I offended anyone, I'm 16 and I've been around about the issues of skin color equality (is that even the right saying for it?) and I'm still learning fast so I can adopt to anything. if anyone finds this offensive then I'm sorry in advance.

with love, keon :)