:five:

[GRATEFUL DEAD— Deal]

“I been gamblin hereabouts for ten good solid years
If I told you all that went down, it would burn off both of your ears
Goes to show you don't ever know
Watch each card you play and play it slow”

//:::\\

️:includes plot alteration:

//:::\\

Miko yelped as he turned around and found you intensely staring at him. He wondered what he did wrong, but you smiled and beckoned him over.

“Hey, Miko-kun,” you sling an arm around him and dragged him out of class. “I just remembered, you said you were aiming to be a Pharmaceutical scientist right?”

“Yeah,” Miko nodded. He didn't know why,  but he could feel an unsettling feeling bubbling up in his stomach.

“Great!” You patted his back and eye smiled. “Do you want to hear an idea I have? Who knows? It might help you too,”

Miko could see it. You could see it. As soon as you opened your closed eyes and smiled, Miko could see a selfish glint in your eyes.

“Gusto mo makagawa ng droga na makakaligtas ng tao, diba?”
("You want to make a drug that can save people, right?")

Miko’s face turned ugly. A language barrier between the students here and the two of you. This meant that you had no intention of leaking out his goal.

Miko lowered his voice. “You…how do you know that?” Someone who knew what he was doing. Someone who he met 3 days only.

You were a mystery, a scary mystery.

You closed your eyes again and feigned a smile. “First, let’s get out of here,”

You dragged Miko out of the halls and into the rooftop. No one was here, a perfect area for the two of you to make a deal.

Miko leaned on the fenced edge. His demeanour had. Hanged completely now that you knew what he was up to. Rather, he was wary of you.

“So, how did you know?”

You kept quiet and looked up at the naked sky. No clouds and only the blues were present. “Do you ever believe in being able to know your desired future?”

“…Why the hell do you ask me that?” Miko asked. “Look, I followed you because I’m asking how you knew about my goal. No one knows what I’m doing, so how did you?”

You brought up your hand and took off your glove. “This,” you waved your hand. “I can see the future with this.”

“…” “Are you bullshiting me?” Miko furrowed his brow and gritted his teeth. Being able to see the future? What is this, a superfiction movie with people gaining abilities?

"Believe me or not, I don’t care.” You shrugged. “All I know is that I can do it and I’ve been doing it ever since.

You closed and opened your hands in repeat. You’ve been able to see the future for how long. Ever since you were a kid.

“Fine, let’s say you can “see the future” then is that the reason you approached me? You “saw my future?” Is that it?” Miko crossed his arm.