Viola II

Is everything okay, Viola?" Carlisle asked as I slammed open the door, nearly knocking it out of its hinges.

"Fine." I growled, still refusing to draw a breath.

I stomped up the stairs, feeling his worried eyes on my back, but Carlisle knew better than to follow me when I was in one of my moods. I barged into my room and put on a cd. It was one of my favorite Nirvana albums, Bleach. Loud enough to drown out my thoughts, but still retaining a meaning. I lay down on the bed that stood in the corner. It was an unnecessary piece of furniture, seeing as I never slept, but it was a nice place to lie on. The music blared, probably pissing my sister Rosalie off in the process, but I didn't care. I stared at the ceiling, this afternoons events playing over and over in my head. The sweet smell of human blood was fresh in my memory, and my throat burned like fire when I recalled it. Edwards fave swam into view again. His eyes scared and angry as he lunged at me, trying to stop another accident like the one that forced us move to this godforsaken town. Ugh, needed to think about something else.

Then one of the most brilliant ideas that I would ever have came to me. I closed my eyes and pulled a picture of a calico cat into mind and focused every cell in my body to turn into that cat. When I opened my eyes, everything looked sharper. I looked down at my hands, which were now paws. Yes! It worked! There had been countless times where I had accidentally shape-shifted into what looked like a Picasso portrait.

Suddenly there was a soft knock on the door.

"Vi? Can I come in?" Jasper's soft voice asked.

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. I quickly pictured my human form again, long white-blonde hair, golden eyes, sharp cheekbones. When I opened them again, I glanced down at my pale hands, hard as granite and cold as snow.

"Fine." I said quickly, already having paused longer than a normal person should have.

He opened the door carefully, seeing as I have been known to throw things. Once he saw that the coast was clear, and that I was not holding anything hard, he came in and wordlessly sat on the foot of my bed. I quietly met his worried gaze and I slowly felt all the anger I felt disapear.

"Stop it Jazz. You cant always come in and save me from my emotions. Its not natural." I complained.

"Its about as natural as you turning into a cat y'know." He said, his southern accent peeking through a bit.

I hissed at him, and he had the audacity to smirk. Brothers, am I right?

"How did you know I turned into a cat?"

"There's cat hair on your pillow." He pointed out casually.

I rolled my eyes, more at my own carelessness than at him.

"You want to come downstairs?" He asked, "Edwards back."

I frowned. I was not in the mood to face my other brother and be reminded of my previous blunder.

"Fine, I'll come." I said reluctantly. I couldn't avoid them forever, could I?

°°°

We were all lounging around, doing nothing in particular. Evenings were the worst. No school to keep me busy, too many people around to do something stupid. So now I was sitting on the couch, re-reading one of my favorite books and listening to Edward play the piano. Jasper and Emmet we're playing chess on the coffee table, Carlisle was in his study, Esme was going over some blueprints for the kitchen and Alice was sitting crosslegged next to me, meditating.

All of sudden, Alice inhaled sharply and her eyes flew.

"What is it Alice?" I asked quickly, knowing she had seen something in the future.

Jasper jumped up from his seat on the floor and rushed to Alice's side, taking her hands in his.

"Where's Carlisle?" She asked, her eyes wide with panic.

"I'll get him." Esme said quickly and abandoned her blueprints.

A few moments later we were all gathered around Alice, and she began to explain what she saw.

"I saw a Queen. I think her name is Lamina. She seems to be a vampire as well."

"That's odd" Carlisle said, "I wasn't aware of a vampire Queen by the name of Lamina."

Alice frowned but continued,"She said shes raising an army to destroy a demigod camp. Do you know what that is Carlisle?"

Carlisle pondered this question,"Yes, there is such a place in New York. I met the man, or the centaur who runs it on my travels. It is a safe place for demigods, children who are half Greek god and half mortal."

I have come across many absurd things in my long, long life, so this didn't necessarily surprise me.

"If a vampire with an army is going to attack this place, we must warn them before it's too late." Carlisle continue calmly, "It would be dangerous not to."

-Moonlight_Scribe713