Viola V

My family and I watched from afar as Ace showed a group of young campers how to spar. This summer camp was fucked up. Pegasus riding? Monsters 101? Sword fighting lessons? But everyone was acting as if this was completely normal.

"Any questions?" Ace asked.

I raised my hand and Alice sniggered, of course she already knew what I would say.

"You're not in this class." He pointed out, slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, fortunately me." I said, rolling my eyes, "Cause you're doing it wrong "

"Well, would you like to demonstrate?" He challenged, "Your way versus my way. We'll see who wins."

"Prepare to lose." I replied and entered the arena.

"May I borrow this?" I asked one of his students, gesturing to their sword.

The kid nodded. She was only 7 or 8. Way too young to be dealing with something as serious as this. The blonde girl handed me her sword, an amused look on her face. A two foot long,leaf shaped, bronze blade. I ran my fingers along the edge. The weapon was deathly sharp, but the blade was unbalanced. Oh, well.

I walked up to Ace.

"YOU GOT THIS ACE!!!!!" The girl who had lent me her sword screamed.

"You sure you wanna do this?" I teased him.

"If my sword goes through your heart, would you die?" He asked, and I wasn't sure if he was joking or genuinely concerned for me.

"I guess we're about to find out." I laughed.

I got into position, and he immediately attacked, but I was fast and blocked his strike. Our blades clashed quickly and violently, both trying to kill the other. I had to be careful, if I put too much power into one of my attacks, it could send him flying into a tree. And so I was cautious, blocking more often than attacking. He seemed to see this as a weakness.

Suddenly he feigned a slash upwards, and as I moved to block, his motive became clear to me. Ace slammed the flat of his blade behind my knees, knocking me down. My back hit the hard ground, knocking the breath out of me. Not that that harmed me in any way. Still, it was humiliating.

The tip of Ace's blade was pointed at my throat, he towered above me as I lay on the dusty arena floor.

"Give in?" He asked.

"Alright. Fine."

Ace grinned and offered me his hand. I accepted. He pulled me up a lot faster than I had expected and I stumbled forward, straight into his chest. Aces arms wrapped around my waist, steadying me. I looked up at him, and my amber eyes locked with his green ones. It was as if I had never seen him before. As if he was a totally new person. A very attractive person I might add. His irises were a beautiful rainforest green, and a little bluish around the edges. A small scar split his right eyebrow, but that didn't take away from his beauty. My stomach tested in a way it hadn't in decades and a soothing warmth spread through my arms, as if I stood in front of a fire. He was so close that I could just tilt my head upwards and brush my lips against his.

No. I had to remind myself. No. He has a girlfriend.

"And...kiss." Another camper said.

We quickly broke apart, both glaring at the boy who had spoken.

"Shut up Xander." Ace snarled, but a little blush covered his cheeks.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about the lovely Miss Kara." The boy called Xander said jokingly.

I heard Carlisle clear his throat and I turned back to my family. Embarrassment clearly written on my face.

"Get some Vi!" Emmet called and wolf whistled.

I flipped him off. He would pay later.