8) Sick (Fluff) Newt

(Y/N's POV)

Ever since I lay down after dinner, my stomach hurt really bad. I sucked it up and just dealt with it because I thought that when I went to sleep it would go away. I also just thought it would be better in the morning.

When I woke up in the middle of the night I instantly sat up. My hand flew to my stomach and I winced slightly. I felt like I was about to throw up any minute, so I covered my mouth, grabbed my water, and silently ran out of the Homestead.

When I was outside, I went to the side of the Homestead. I kneeled down and threw up. My eyes instantly teared up and when I was done, or thought I was, I let out a sigh of relief and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I was not done, so I bent over again and threw up. I knew I was done since my stomach felt empty this time and I wiped my mouth and put some water in it. I swished it and spat it out. I slowly rose to my feet.

"Are you okay?" Called a British voice from behind me. I jumped and gasped. I turned around.

"Yeah," I put a hand behind my back and wiped my tears quickly one last time. "I'm fine."

I looked at Newt's worried face. He had circles around his eyes, and I was mad at myself for waking him up.

"You're not fine. What happened?" He put his hand on my shoulder and guided me back to the Homestead.

"Nothing much. Just threw up."

"Why?"

He sat me down and sat beside me. He started to slowly rub my back. This made me blush a little because even though Newt was my best friend, I always had a crush on him.

"My stomach hurt before I went to sleep and I ignored it, but now I woke up and needed to throw up."

"I'm sorry. Is there anything I can get you?"

"No, not really. Probably just a common thing. And Clint would probably kill you if he found out you took medicine from the Med-Hut in the middle of the night."

He laughed.

"Yeah."

I looked at him and smiled. He momentarily glanced down at my lips and I felt nervous. My cheeks heated up more and more pushed another strand of hair behind my ear.

"Well... do you wanna sleep here with me?" He asked while rubbing his neck. I was a little surprised that he would ask this.

"Sure."

I scooted back and lay down. He settled in next to me and we looked at each other. He had a small smile on his face and he lay one of his arms on my waist. I inched a little closer to him and then he kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, love."

    Original Publish Date: August 11,2021