18) Teasing (Fluff) Newt

(Note: I know this title sound very dirty, but as clarified in the title, it is fluff. It's very innocent; teasing as in making fun, as shown in the pic, and not the other meaning.)

    (Newt's POV)

    "Oh come on, you scaredy cat!" Thomas teased and said with a mocking head roll.

     I had like usual been staring at Y/N, the only girl in the Glade, at lunch time. I couldn't bloody help it! She's such an amazing and beautiful girl that anybody would have to take a second glance at her. She herself was the light on Earth. Her beauty can't be compared to anyone's.

   "Yeah, you shank, just ask her out!" Minho laughed. His finger neared my chin. "You got a bit of drool here."

   I swatted Minho's hand away and they both burst out laughing. They held their stomachs and put their heads on the table in fits of giggles. I internally rolled my eyes and angrily bit off a piece of my delicious sandwich Frypan had made. Minho and Thomas definitely got some weird looks from the surrounding Gladers, but knowing the pair, they didn't think too much of it.

   "You're like a puppy, Newt! Making goo-goo eyes at her and following her around! I can't believe she hasn't noticed yet! Come on, just ask her already!"

    "Shut up, Minho!"

    I groaned and put my head in my hands.

    I'll never get the courage to tell her...

    (Third person POV)

    Newt rested his head on his arms trying to tune out the world. Or at least the pair that relentlessly pushed him to ask Y/N out. Meanwhile, Y/N sat at another table while laughing at jokes the other Gladers made in an attempt to impress her, of course, in vain. The two oblivious teens not knowing they were thinking the same thing. And of course, sharing the same feelings.

  (Omg guys I know this is short but I promise I'll post another one today 😢 just stressed for a short story we have to write in English and I have no ideas. 

Edit-Dec 2021-omg I remember that short story 😂 don't worry guys, I got an A. It was a pretty good one if I do say so myself. It was about a girl that was listening to music and thinking of all the happy memories and when the song's over she goes back to her real life and thinks of the past and how much better it was. Really sad but really good.)

Original Publish Date: September 13, 2021