21) The Girl (Fluff) Newt

(Note PLEASE READ or else this will be confusing to you: So this is based on the very start of the Scorch Trials book and this is right after they get rescued by the people and-slight spoiler alert- find them dead outside the Gladers' dorms. Jack is basically a very good friend of Thomas (an original character) and they are very close. And you are basically the Rachel (Group B equivalent to Thomas), and (like Gally being ordered to kill Thomas but Chuck jumps in front of the dagger but without a Group B Chuck) Beth (group B equivalent to Gally) is ordered to Kill Aris instead. This doesn't make sense plot wise ig, but please just roll with it. Just know you are basically Rachel, you are in the room Aris was in in the books, the Gladers find you like Aris in the books, and Aris is dead. I remember some quotes, but this also may have tiny details that are different because I'm too lazy to go to get my backpack and get it out 🙂 Also, F/L/N is for "famous last name" and since everyone is named after a famous person just pick someone's last name that is famous and has the same first name as you.)

    Newt's POV:

    We had just found our rescuers dead inside of this strange place. While we were still processing all of it, Thomas walked over to a door and saw a strange looking metal plaque upon it. The words engraved on it were Teresa Agnes. Group A. Subject A1, The Betrayer.

   He looked back at us, and we all wondered what the last two words meant. The Betrayer? Of course Tommy would take it upon himself to ally himself with "The Betrayer". The silence was broken because we heard the sound of a toilet flushing. Thomas's eyes lit up with hope. He ordered some Gladers around to give him a fire extinguisher to break the door handle, just as we did earlier. They obliged, because apparently he's a self-appointed leader even though leaders don't make plans that usually have a 50% kill rate.

      I rolled my eyes at Tommy and folded my arms as the sound of metal on metal rang out. The brass doorknob clattered to the ground. He opened the door and headed in the direction of the bathroom, but I grabbed his shoulder.

   "Now I know you've been livin' with a bunch of boys, but I don't think it's polite to go stomping into the bloody ladies room."

     He squinted his eyes at me and then rolled them. I took my hand off his shoulder and we waited. He tapped his foot impatiently, and I eyed the moving body part. We heard the faucet running, and
the door slowly started to open. Thomas rushed over but stopped midway. It was a girl, as he expected, but the girl was not Teresa.

   Her beautiful e/c eyes showed surprise. I scanned over the rest of her body. She was beautiful. I'm pretty sure if I didn't have as much self control as I have now, my mouth would be hanging open.

   "Who are you?" Thomas asked harshly.

    She came out all the way and closed the door. She glared at him, and rightfully so. She was just in the bloody restroom, and a few boys was crowding her.

   "Who are you?" She judgmentally asked.

    Thomas started to walk to her, but I stopped him by extending my hand and stopping his movements. I looked at her with an expression of understanding, and she gave a slight smile back to thank me. Even the slightest, possibly fake, smile gave me feelings that I had never felt before nor thought I would feel before.

   "Where's Teresa?" Thomas demanded.

   The girl's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and her head cocked to the side.

   "Who's Teresa?"

    Thomas started walking towards her again, but I grabbed his arm this time and gave him a cold stare. He side-eyed me, annoyed, and then backed down.