Chapter 8: Love

Hala! Okay, no one does that. Anyways, 8th chapter and I'm excited.

This chapter is gonna be short, but not too short. So I can write the next chapter.

40+ reads then I update. Meaning more than 40.

Peace until the end.
✌️

Emily's POV

I slowly go near the light switch and open the lights. As I see the familiar face I run up to him and hug him so tightly.
"You came!" I whisper laugh.
"Always, Love." Carl says.
I hug him once more before pulling away horrified.
"H-he'll find you and y-you-"
"Hey, I am here because of someone. He won't let me die. I trust him."
"How?" I asked.
"Later, I will tell you later. I need to know if you're safe?" He asks.
"I am."
"The kids?" He asks.
"They are safe as well."
"I'm so sorry, Maddy. I didn't want to this to happen. I wish I could do something. But you know Martin will just come after us."
"Emily actually. He shouldn't get a hint of me using another name." I whisper.
"Okay, baby, I'm gonna come back-"
"Please! Please don't leave me here with HIM!" I plead.
Carl cups my face and kisses me.
"I will come back for you, Em. I will." He whispers.

And I let him go...

My only hope to leave this hell and come back to my home. My heavan.

I sit down on the table, tears running down my cheeks. I feel so...weak. I can't seem to do anything here.

I can't believe I'm back where I started my journey.

Back to this house is like going back to hell once more. Even if I don't want to.

I put my hand over my heart, feeling the thuds become faster and faster. I slowly closed my eyes as my breathing hitches and it became harder to breathe normally. I tugged at my hair and I pulled at it. I slowly started hyperventilating.

Breathe, Emily. Breathe...

I pass out because of the lack of air.

Martin's POV

I wake up to find the bedside empty. I get up hurrying toward the kids room. Both asleep.

I go downstairs and see Emily passed out. I run to her and check her pulse. Still alive. Her breathing seems to be slow and raspy.

I call my personal doctor and he comes in the house in fifteen minutes. I had already laid Emily down on our bed. Closed the kids and our bedroom door so they wouldn't see their mother like this.

I was worried I'd lose her once more. My kids will lose their mother.

"How is she doctor?" I asked.
"She's doing fine. It was just a panic attack. Nothing too much of life threatening. I am prescribing some medinces that will help her if panic takes over once again."
"The same as before?" I asked. The same types of medicines she used to take before she left.
"Yes." He says. I nod and I tell Herald to get the medinces.
Emily starts moving after three hours.

But still passed out.

Macy and Mason were playing outside in the backyard when I went downstairs.
"Hi, Dad-dy." Mason said slowly. Trying out the words from his mouth. I smile.
"Hiya, Little man. What d'you guys wanna do today?" I asked.
"I'm a girl." Macy says.
"Yes, of course you are. Guy and gal." I wink.
They giggle among eachother before answering.
"Swong." Mason says, giggling.
"What?" I asked.
"Swingggy?" Macy sings.
"I don't get it." I tease.
"Swings, dad-dy?!" Mason says.
"Alright, swings it is." I wink at them.

They were so little and fun. I just knew that they were born as preemies. They have been and will be little. But Macy looked a little bigger and Mason looked a hell lot chubbier.

After playing on the swingset for five hours it felt like. I bring them home again and tell them to take a bath. They free wanted differnet things after arguing about who wants a bath and who wants a shower. Macy went with shower and she went upstairs to start it as Mason went for a bath. So he could play with bubbles. I helped him put the bubble bath liquid. He laughs as the water turns bubbly and jumps in.

I love the little dude so much.

And my little girl as well.

I hate Emily for keeping my kids away from me for five years. It's almost going to be six years since she left me.

31 years for the both of us in a few months. She left when she was twenty-five. I have no idea what I did wrong. After her mother's death and what I did. I didn't even know how to be nice. How to see her in the face anymore. Not after what I did. I went in too deep.

Everyone has a past, a past they don't want. I didn't want it. I love Emily so much. Since the first day of senior year I've seen her as a beauty. She is. But the coal in my heart is too much to carry now. It gets heavy with every day. It's heavy and I don't know what I can do.

I know why Markus said those things to dad. He wanted me to thrash out in front of him. But I have put those emotions deep inside of me. Because of my father of course.

I blame him for Emily leaving. If he hadn't made me do it, I'd still be happy with the love of my life a d my beautiful kids.

I'd be happy.

But I'm broken and emotionless instead. I feel nothing. I shouldn't feel nothing. I want to be kind and nice, the man my mother raised me to be. But if I do, I'll get everyone I love killed. My Emily and my kids will die because I showed emotion. That's what happens in the Mafia...

Carl's POV

"You're saying you can help her out?" I asked.
"Yes, Carl." The guy says.
"I was thinking of getting her back and with the kids." I reply.
"They will be with you in no time." He says.

I don't know his name because he likes to keep his secrets. He knows I want Emily with me and that's why he's helping me.

I want Maddy back and I want her back now. I love her for Christ's sake. I love her so much.

I can't lose her.

"What did you need after you get them out of there safely?" I asked.
"I want Emily..."

Hey!!!

Morning/afternoon/evening/night to y'all!!!

So? Who is the mystery dude and why does he want Emily/Maddy?

Will Carl let him have her?

Watch out!!!! I have eight other books that you can read while you wait.

Peace out✌️