Chapter 10: My gift to you

Oh my freaking gosh! You guys! I love you all!

Well, this chapter you're going to find out what Carl chose.

At the end I will explain why he chose and why I wrote it like how I did.

Who likes Carl RN?

Who likes Martin?

Who likes Markus?

Who likes Emily/Maddy?

Let me know in the comments...

Peace until the end✌️

Carl's POV~

I brush everything away by going to the bar. I need a drink. Dearly!

I get myself a Coke instead. I sigh. I can't get drunk when Maddy is in trouble. Or am I supposed to start calling her Emily? Ugh, we never planned for this. I assumed that she would never get caught. I just assumed.

And my assumption got her kidnapped. She's scared! And I'm in a bar thinking if I should give her up for all of them to get out of the grasp of Martin...or leave her there, and she might die.

I finish my drink as a woman comes up to me.
"Whatcha got there, handsome?" She asks.
She thinks I'm drunk. (eye roll)
"Go away." I say, she doesn't. Of course she doesn't.
Fücking gold digger!
"Alright." She smirks. I'm surprised that it was so easy.

After that little coversation, I leave the bar. Still feeling pissed off at myself.

Then, a phone rings. I left mine at home. I check my pockets and see a phone in my pocket.

It's ringing. That woman. She put the phone in my pocket.
"Hello?" I answer.
"Carl! So, have you decided?" His dark voice fills my eardrums and I shiver. He has been calling me and threatening me for a few days now. Last time we talked was last week when he wanted me to choose.
"No...don't take her out."
"And why do you choose that?" He asks, anger filling his voice.

"Because she won't be safe either way." I answer.
"Oh, really? She won't be safe with me? I WILL DIE BEFORE SHE GETS HURT! And she is getting hurt, Carl. She's getting hurt every night and day because you wouldn't choose. It's because of you she will have bruises and memories that will haunt her for life. Because of you!"
"You can save her, but than you would have to give her to me." I reply. "If you don't want her getting hurt, you will give her to me."
"Aww, little coward, wants his GF back!" He laughs angrily.

"I'm not a coward!"
"You had your fücking chance to get her back that night! BUT YOU WIMPED OUT! You are a coward. A dirty rat, now I have to get rid off..."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"If you can't help me get what I want, you have to get killed. Best way out! Because I'm not letting you walk these streets again. Choose, you have till midnight tomorrow...and if not...guess you die."
"I'll g-go to the police!" I yell.
"Oh, little coward, I own the police..."
"W-who are you?"
"Your worst nightmare..." The line cuts and I throw the phone away as far as I can.

What do I choose? What do I choose?

Do I choose to leave the love of my life's life to a man I don't even know? But he is trying to help them.