Admittance

(Previously on chapter five...)

I heard Natsu clench his teeth. I closed my eyes tightly, prepared for whatever he was about to say. "It seems that this spell is meant to take control of me, up to the point where I won't even think like myself anymore. And if the guy is who we suspect... Well, there's not much we can do, is there?" Natsu looked up at me and smiled sadly.

My heart throbbed painfully. I never wanted this to happen, I would gladly accept this fate as my own instead of his. Natsu was just so innocent. He never fought for himself, but for his friends. I thought back at all the times he had saved me from death, and how he was the one who brought me to my home. Natsu was always there for me, and now the cruel world had pushed this guy into a near certain fate. I had never saved Natsu once, I was just the weak girl who always needed saving. But even though I was always a burden, Natsu had accepted me as his partner, his best friend, and had never complained once about having to save me. At this moment I realized that I was in love with Natsu Dragneel.

~~~ Chapter six: Admittance~~~~

P.O.V. Lucy Heartfilia

"You know, I have thought about it, and Zeref said that once he gained my powers, he would be unstoppable. The spell is too strong to break, I already know that." said Natsu. No, he wouldn't dare. I could see where this was going. "If he doesn't get my magic, then all the mages and dragons could team up again and defeat him. But as long as I'm in the picture, there's no way for the world to stand up to him."

"Natsu...!" Tears spilled into my eyes, and I tackled him. We rolled down the small slope, and I held him pinned to the ground. He certainly could have escaped if he wanted to, but he didn't. "You can't do that!" I cried. Tears dripped from my eyes onto him.

"Lucy, I have to. It's me or the guild." He laughed bitterly, "No that was wrong. It's me or the world."

I tugged on his scarf, pulled him closer to me, and glared at him through my watery eyes. "Natsu. This is your LIFE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!" My voice started as a whisper and got louder with every word until I was shouting.

"I have to do it Luce." He replied calmly. "And you're right, this is a life. My life. I can choose if I live or die."

"No. NO!" I screamed at him. "I WON'T LET YOU!"

I grabbed at one of my golden Zodiac keys at my belt. "Gate of the Lion, I summon thee! Leo!" I called, summoning Loke. He was my the most powerful spirit I could summon, as he was the leader of the twelve Zodiac Spirits. Loke's real name was Leo, but after spending time at Fairy Tail under the name 'Loke', he had gotten used to the name. Loke appeared next to me. He was dressed in a tuxedo and sunglasses as always, which went well with his orange hair. "Loke! Knock Natsu out now!" I screamed.

Loke looked at me confused. "But... Isn't he-"

"Just do it!" I cried.

Natsu was too stunned to move. I guess he hadn't imagined I would do something like this. Loke's hand glowed, and after a quick jab to the nerve at the back of his neck, Natsu was out cold.

Loke looked at me. "Lucy, why-"

I cut him off again. "I'll explain everything later, I promise. Now, Loke, please go back, I need to summon Aquarius."

He looked at me for a few moments, obviously worried, then dissapeared in a puff of smoke. I bit my lip, trying to prevent myself from crying anymore. A lump formed at the back of my throat, and I just wanted to scream. But instead, I stood up and walked over to the water. Placing the tip of Aquarius's golden key into the salty pool, I called to her. "Gate of the Water Bearer, I summon thee! Aquarius!"

Aquarius was always pretty mean to me, she would always tell me off for not having a boyfriend, and whenever I asked her to do something, even when I asked politely, she would do what I asked, but would always wash me away along with the problem. She was second to Loki as the most powerful Zodiac Spirit.

Aquarius appeared, floating so the tip of her blue mermaid tail just brushed against the water. "Tsk." she said, not even bother ing to open her eyes, "What do you want?"

I kept silent. When I didn't respond, Aquarius opened one eye and took in the whole scene. Her eyes opened wide in suprise. "You knocked out your own team mate?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied in a small voice. I looked up suddenly. "Aquarius, please!" I begged. "Please, can you send us back to the beach? I can't get Natsu up there without the both of us drowning!" I couldn't take the pressure anymore. I started to cry again. There I was, not able to go five minutes without crying. "Please," I whispered. "Just this once."

"Hmph." That was all I heard from Aquarius, before I saw a wall of rushing water come at me. But suprisingly, It didn't hurt. Within a matter of seconds, I was kneeling on the beach, whith a still very unconscious Natsu laying facefirst in the sand next to me.

Aquarius had actually done as I had asked... without hurting me or Natsu in the slightest. "Aquarius... Thank you..." I said.

I looked up at the sky and realized it was close to sunset. It was better to get back to the guild.