Half and Half

Ha! New chapter and earlier than before!! I hope you guys really like it! 

By the way, I think after this chapter I am going to try to make all my chapters longer, just because I have gotten many more ideas than I had before. (You could say I have a case of Author's Brain -_-) And I have to apologize for all the crying in the story!! It seems everyone is a bit sensitive. I promise it will pick up soon!!

Well here it is!

Previously.....

Natsu looked at me with an emotionless stare. "I don't know about friends, but I do know this." He reappeared at the door, his back to me.

"If you get in my way, Lucy Heartfilia, I will have to eliminate you."

Then he was gone.

~~Chapter Eleven: Half and Half~~

P.O.V. Lucy Heartfilia

I heard the echos of Natsu's voice in my mind.  

"If you get in my way, Lucy Heartfilia, I will have to eliminate you." 

I was on my hands and knees at the entrance of the guild. It had been almost a minute since Natsu had disappeared, and I was trying to process what had just happened. Natsu was.... Gone? Just like that? He hadn't even had any trouble getting out whatsoever. Everyone else hadn't been able to stop him. Even the Master had had trouble. The most powerful mages in Fairy Tail, unable to even get close to Natsu. No, that was wrong. There was still Laxus. And Erza. And Guildarts. They should be able to stop them.  

I heard many footsteps coming my way. It seemed like the spell had indeed worn off.  

"LLUUCCYY!!" A certain blue cat jumped into my arms. "Luuccyy!!" Cried Happy, letting the tears fall down his furry cheeks. 

"I know, Happy." I softly stroked the back of his head. Hugging him close, I shakily stood up, the guild surrounding me. 

Gray was now here, mostly healed. A shadow covered his eyes, and I could see he was shaking with anger. "He's gone, isn't he." He said in a deathly calm voice.  

I nodded slowly. Master looked sadly at everyone. "We have faced a grave consequence here today." He bowed his head, then looked up suddenly, his eyes full of anger. "Zeref will pay!" He cried. "No one shall travel alone from here on out, all must be in at least groups if three!" He ordered. "This is for saftey." 

He crossed his arms and looked at everyone gravely. "I am required to inform the council of this, it seems that Zeref has taken action. He would not have taken Natsu without reason. We must now assume that this is the first step into a coming war- a war between the light mages and Zeref."  

"It seems history is repeating itself," said Mira softly.  

"But why Natsu?" Asked Gray.  

Master looked at all of us for a long time before answering. His face looked strained. "I guess it is time I told you all." He gestured with his hands. "Everyone should take a seat. This may take a while." 

~~~~~~~~~~ 

"The true story begins in the last war between the dark and light mages. It was one of the last battles before the end- the light mages were desperate. The dark mages greatly outnumbered them, they did not only have mages, but the Dark Beings as well. For those of you who do not know, Dark Beings are spirits of the underworld. They are said to be myths- but they are real enough, believe me. Dark Beings are so fearsome, that even their gaze is enough to make someone tremble with fear. They can only be allied to by a special circumstance, which is currently unknown. But the point is that Zeref had the Dark Beings in his army, and the light mages were losing sorely. It seemed that the battle had been won by the dark mages, but then, a man appeared riding on a dragon dragon's back."  

Everyone leaned foreword in anticipation. After taking a deep breath and thinking for a moment, Master continued.  

"It was Aurora, the dragon that rules the ocean. And on her back was a dragonslayer like none have seen before." 

"What-" started Levy, but she was cut off by everyone in the guild shushing her. She looked down, blushing.  

Master, ignoring the interruption, continued. "You all know that dragonslayers are adopted by dragons and taught the art of dragon magic, correct?" 

Everyone nodded.  

"Here is the truth. This man riding on the back of Aurora, he was her child. Her true child, Aurora's flesh and blood. Half dragon and half human." 

I was dumbfounded. In all my studies, I had never heard a word about this, not even a hint to point in the direction that this was possible.  

"This man was so powerful, that he singlehandedly defeated the portion of the army in just a day. I am talking about taking on hundreds of Dark Beings and Mages, estimated around the five hundred area. He defeated all of them in a DAY." 

I was astounded. But why was this not in the records of history? 

"Master, how come we have never heard of this before?" I asked.  

"That is because the memories of this battle were wiped form everybody's minds, and history itself. The battle itself exists, but it only states that nothing interesting happened during it, and that the light mages won."  

"But why keep it secret?" Asked Gajeel.  

Levy spoke up. "Obviously because if everyone knew about someone that powerful, eventually some evil person will try to take the power for himself!" 

The Master nodded wisely. I then realized something.  

"Master, then how come you know about this?" I questioned.  

"Ahhh..." He pulled on the neck of his shirt. "I was told to keep this secret... But considering the circumstances I will have to break that promise..." He crossed his arms. "I was told by Igneel." 

I gasped. "Natsu's dragon?"  

Master nodded.  

"Igneel and I have known each other for a long while."  

We all stared at him.  

"That day... The day that Igneel disappeared, I was visited by him. He told me about a small boy in the forest that he had raised, and how he was a going somewhere. He asked me to go find Natsu Dragneel, and take him into Fairy Tail. Igneel told me every detail, every one important. But, there was one detail that was the most important. He told me that Natsu Dragneel, was in fact, his true son."  

I realized my mouth was hanging open, and I quickly shut it. Natsu... Was the son of a dragon? That was...that was... Incredible. Incredible that such a thing could happen.  

Master looked at us gravely again. "You all must know that Aurora was a weak dragon, and yet her son was able to take down that many. Igneel is the most powerful dragon of all. And Natsu is his son. Imagine how powerful that is." 

It took a moment for it to sink in.  

Gray spoke through clenched teeth. "So you're saying that we're screwed?" 

Master shook his head. "You didn't let me finish. There is one person that can stand up to him." 

"Who?" I asked.  

Master looked at me."That person is you Lucy." 

"M-me?! How?!" I stammered. Me, against Natsu? This HAD to be some sick joke. I didn't stand a chance against him, even if I did, I wouldn't want to hurt him.  

"You must gain the two remaining Zodiac Keys." He told me. 

Pisces and Libra.