Awakening

Hey guys!!! Unfortunately, I'm still not feeling any better, but, my overactive imagination just will not let me rest! So I've decided to write up another chapter. ^~^ Thanks to all my fans out there!

This chapter is dedicated to nalufanforever123, thanks for all the comments and reviews! Keep up with your book! It seems really interesting! (Go, Exceeds!)

(BTW I'm now really starting to get serious with this story, I guess I'll put more effort into it! You know, in the past I didn't really think much of it, just something fun to try out, not do my best work, but you guys have really made me happy with all the votes and comments! I'll definitely put more effort into it, I usually just type it up once and it's done. But it'll be different from here on out!)

~~Chapter nine: Reality~~~~~~

P.O.V. Lucy Heartfilia

It's been four days. Four days since the experiments started, four days with no success. I've gone and visited him every day, but ever since the curse started growing, he hasn't woken up. It's spread so much now, that the only part of him it doesn't cover is the left side of his face. Levy, Wendy, and Gray have been working hard, no, everyone in the guild has, but I'm afraid. There's only one day left. And even that time is passing quickly.

I was in Natsu's room, watching a little patch of sunlight progress its way in the room throughout the day. I had lost track of time long ago- was it morning? Afternoon? Well, it wasn't too much of a matter. Helplessness was all that I could feel now, sitting here right next to the man that was suffering, and I could't do a fucking single thing to help him. I looked at Natsu sadly. He was lying on the bed, his face devoid of any expressions, so different from the usual emotion filled one.

I snorted. It was so easy to read him sometimes. But now, he was just lying there, deathly still, his breathing shallow and ragged. I thought back on when we first met. Distant memories swirled through my brain, and they filled me with some sort of happiness. That was what, one and a half years ago? Well, if you didn't count the years we were trapped in time. I counted on my fingers. Let's see, I was seventeen, but eighteen in four months, and Natsu had just turned eighteen last month. Wow, it had already been that long. 

Time passes quickly when you're not paying attention. Like now. Without me realizing it, the sunlight had turned to moonlight, and now there was a spot shining down on Natsu's left eye, the last part left pure of marks. The last night before the spell was complete. Tomorrow, who knew what would happen. Natsu twitched in his sleep, and muttered something that sounded suspiciously like "steak." I laughed softly, and wondered what in the world he could be dreaming of.

Someone knocked at the door.

"Come in!" I called. The door opened, and Gray, Happy, Master, Wendy, Carla, and Gajeel entered the room. Yeah, the room was getting a bit cramped.

"Hey, why are all of you in here?" I asked. "The room is only so big."

Master closed his eyes for a moment. "It's two hours from midnight, it's best if we prepared." He said. "Levy and Freed are already drawing runes outside, and everyone else is on their guard. We need to make the final preparations here."

I slowly nodded in agreement. "So what are we gonna do?"

Gajeel pulled out a bundle of magic-suppressing rope, raising his eyebrows. "Well, tie him up, of course, and hope for the best."

"Lucy, you must also understand this." Master said in a serious tone. "In the wost case scenario, we are going to have to fight him. That's why we're all here. We are not going to let Zeref have Natsu."

I sniffed, a lump forming in my throat. I couldn't help but have my doubts. If Natsu's true power awoke now... ah, it was bettter not to think negative thoughts. Instead I came back to reality and helped the others completely bind Natsu with those ropes. And we waited for midnight.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

P.O.V. Natsu Dragneel

All I knew was pain. An infinite pain, ever growing in strength. I slept a restless sleep, feeling as if I had fought a thousand battles and lost every one. I faintly remembered being asleep for a while... A shock of what seemed like electricity enveloped me. I sensed what felt like hundreds of ants crawling across my skin, but why would I be covered in bugs? No, it was something else.  

I struggled, groping through my memories for the reason. Why was it so hard to remember? Fairy Tail... what was that? I faintly remembered, family, friends... I grasped the memory in my hands afraid to let it fall.  

I felt a deep uneasiness rise within me. What-what was this dark auora? I fought against the unseen force, it was trying to take the memory from my hands. No, I wouldn't let it. I wanted to remember. But it was too strong. One by one, it stole everything, snatching it from my head. Erza, gone. Happy, gone. Gray, gone.  

This continued until all was left were my memories of Lucy- my Lucy. The shadowy hand reached out, eager to deprive me of my last memory, and easily my most precious. It's fingers closed around it, and it started to drag it away. 

"I'm sorry, Lucy." I whispered. "I never realized I loved you." 

Then it was gone.

My skin prickled, and a new name entered my mind. A deep growl erupted in my throat, and I had a sudden thirst for power. The one way to quench this thirst- He was calling to me. Zeref. The one to bring me the power. The one to fight beside. I had to go to him.  

My eyes flew open.

Markings: a NaLu/Fairy Tail Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें