Erza vs. Red

*Dodges rotten tomato and various pointy objects* SORRY I'M LATE! I just got lost on the road of life. 

Yo! So these next couple chapters are on the other character's POV's of the war. This one, as you may have taken from the title is Erza's POV. So please enjoy the little battles in this chapter in between one of our favorite mages in Fairy Tail, and a protagonist in the story. Also, if I didn't mention before (I may have, but just to be sure) I'm going to re-write the beginning chapters of this story. Heh, just now I realize how poorly most of them are written, and I think you guys deserve better. So the story may go down a bit after it's completion to be re-written. Just a warning in advance.

 There's about three or four chapters left! Take your time reading them! After this I may start another Fairy Tail fic (I have one under construction) or a Naruto fic (I have two of those).

Please enjoy!

__________

~Chapter Seventeen: Erza vs. Red~~

Erza bit back a curse as she felt a sharp blade slice open a wound in her shoulder. It was shallow, but it stung like heck. She lept to the side, gaining some distance from her attacker, and blinked in surprise when she realized it was not one of those dark beings. Though the man did look monstrous nevertheless. Red eyes- no pupils- it felt like she was already losing this battle when she met the man's gaze. Though it was not possible- she had barley even begun to fight. 

   "Are you the one they call Erza Scarlet?" he rasped, his voice ancient- but cruel entirely. 

    She narrowed her eyes, and held her sword at ready in her hand. "Of what concern is that to you?"

    He smiled coldly. "Oh, but it does concern me, Scarlet, for if you are to go down here, today, it will be by my hand." 

   "Are you positive of that?" she snarled, and she lashed forward, her sword swinging down in an ark. A blade appeared from nowhere from underneath the man's cloak, and he deflected her blow, the clash of steel ringing throughout the battlefield. There was a sudden counter blow, and she barely lifted her arm in time to send it back, her arm jarring with the effort. 

   Hissing, she retreated back a good fifteen feet before really taking in the man before her. She knew not to underestimate enemies, anyone really, but it seemed as if she had still done just that. 

  The man sneered. "Afraid, are you? What good are you to your friends," he spat the word, as if it disgusted him, "If you're scared?" 

  A spark of anger ignited inside of Erza, but she didn't let it get the better of her. "Who are you?" she demanded.  

 "And of what concern is that to you?" he mocked. 

  Erza narrowed her eyes. "If you want to be that way," she was bathed in a golden light as she requipped into her black wing armor, "Then I'll beat it out of you."

   "I would like to see you even try, woman."

  She narrowed her eyes at the stranger. It was obvious that this one was one of the people involved in creating Natsu's... condition.

   Lunging forward, she made to strike with a quick jab to the man's stomach, which he parried just like previously. 

   And the dance of blades began, both a blur of speed. Really, it was surprising this rather old looking man could move at her pace. 

   In a kick, Erza leaped backwards. If she were to defeat the sack of muck, she needed more speed. A big sword just wouldn't cut it this time. She hastily re-quipped to her flight armor, and she held two light and long swords.

  The man sneered at her choice.

 She sped at him, slashing in fluid motions, their glares calling for blood. Their blades met with and even amount of power, ringing every time they met to send out the uneven tune of battle. The red eyed man was barely keeping up, but he was, nevertheless. 

 Erza hissed as she blocked a rather strong blow. The shock traveled up through her arm effectively numbing it. The red-haired mage grit her teeth and did her best to ignore it.

  "Not doing so well, are we?" The man hissed gleefully, eyes ablaze with blood lust. He unexpectedly sidestepped, and sliced his blade into the opening she left. As Erza cried out, he laughed mercilessly. "Let's see how you preform with that little gift."

  Erza snarled, gripping her wounded side. If it went on like this... She shook the sweat from her eyes. No, she was not allowed to think that way. Natsu, Lucy, Gray, the rest of Fairy Tail, she had to make sure they made it through the battle! If anything, the only time she would go down would be at the end of the accursed war. 

  Erza's head throbbed, the sounds of fighting around her suddenly becoming too deafening. Fire burned through her bloodstream, causing an gutteral scream to rip itself from the mage's throat. Colors of the battlefield became blurred through unfocused eyes.

 She heard the man chuckle, his voice seeming too close. Too close. "How are you enjoying the poison, woman?" Lips curled into a feral smirk. "You were careless," he whispered into her ear. He stepped back and stared at her. "I won't bother to finish you. Weak fools like you are not worth my time."

 As he turned to leave, Erza cursed herself mentally through a hazy mind. 

   'I promised to protect them!  Stand up, Scarlet, or are you just a weakling like he says? Natsu's gone through worse, and yet he''s strong! So stand up!' 

  The garbed man yelped in  shock as a blade ran a deep wound across his back. "Don't underestimate me." said Erza, standing on shaky feet. 

 The man eyed her warily for a moment for the briefest of seconds before his eyes rolled back into his head and he collapsed. 

____________________

Gomenasai mina-san! But this is the best I can do at the moment! School doesn't allow me enough time! 

 I hope to updete much, much sooner than this time, and a lot longer than this chapter. Again, please forvive me!