Chessy question🧀

CONTEXT: After weeks of convincing herself Adora finally goes to Catra to ask her something.

TW: cheesy ;)

__________________________

ADORA POV:

Glimmer goes to Catra while laughing
"hey so I heard you named Adora when you were like 5"

"Yup, we named each other, my full name is Catra applesauce meow meow and hers is Adora happysmile rainbowfist"

I walk in hearing the same conversation we had with Lonnie and Kyle back in the horde years ago. "Is this true??" Glimmer asks me.

"Sadly yeah.. she literally named me after a rainbow which basically shouts 'I'm gay' and 'I love my friends smile' which also shouts 'I love her' more than a friend"

"That didn't stop you from not knowing I loved you" Catra smirks.

"Yeah well that's different.. I convinced myself you didn't like me that way for years"

"Yeah well now you know" she kisses me.

"Hey get a room you two!" glimmer shouts in discuss as a joke as she leaves the room.

I turn to Catra "hey can we have a minute?"

"Sure" She smiles "what is it?"

"Well I-"

"If anyone's been mean to you I'm gonna fucking kill them"

"No no! no ones been mean to Me"

"Good. Then what is it?"

"First of all could you have not named me anything else?!?!?? I mean seriously? Happysmile rainbowfist?"

"Yeah" she stands proudly. "It's the best name ever and I'm proud of it"

I role my eyes with a smile. "You could've named me anything and the first thing you could think of was how gay you are and how you love my smile" I smirk at the last bit.

"Hehehe well- yeah"

I lean forward slowly and kiss her soft red lips slowly but passionately. "Anyway.. it doesn't matter because soon I'll get it changed"

"Wait? What? What do you mean by that?" Catra says clearly not understanding marriage at all.

I hold her hand and squeeze it. "It's something in the future that you will love ... hopefully"

She smiles.

"It's like a way of spending your life together with someone who you love more than a friend, no matter what, even through sickness and in health. You know spineralla and nettossa? Well I'd want something like that with you someday"

"Oh! Yeah I do aswell!" Her ears perk up.

"Anything that's spending my life with you is something that makes me happy"

She laughs "your so cheesy"

I smirk "I can be cheesier if you want me to be"

"Go ahead! I want to see where this is going"

I feel my heart beating faster. God why am I so nervous?

I chuckle "really?" She nods. "Thought you'd be annoyed, y'know with all the lovey dovey stuff"

"I mean kinda but this is making me intrigued"

"I wanted to ask you something for a long time now, but I didn't know when the right time to tell you was but I guess it's no better timing that now right?" I sigh deeply. "Do you know what marriage is?"

"I've heard of it between our friends but no, I don't know really what it actually is"

"Glimmer and bow told me. It's basically where you spend internal life together with someone that you love more than a friend, and you get this 'party' and cake and stuff. Oh! You also get these rings but some people get different things like charms or necklaces so it's really up to the people who want them. But anyway.. I would like to have that someday.. with you.." I blush madly and stare in catra's eyes. "I love you so much more than anyone and anything and I don't know what I'd do without you so.." I step on one knee "would you like to spend your entire life with me? Of course we can still talk about it if your not ready or if you still need to learn about this 'whole marriage thing' but I-"

She covers her mouth and gasps. "YES! I DO!"

"R-Really b-because I didn't think you'd actually say yes.." there's tears in my eyes but I have the biggest smile.

"Of course I would say yes! I love you so so much!" She hugs me so tightly.

I hold onto Catra not letting go. "I'm glad because that took me ages to convince myself to ask you- I was so scared you'd say no" I giggle nervously. "Glimmer and bow helped a lot, and so did spineralla and nettossa! Oh! And of course all of our friends aswell but mainly them because I didn't know how to tell you" I kiss Catra slowly but passionately.

"Mmm I love you so much"

"I love you too! More than anything!"

_____________________________

They're you go catradora simps!