The gym vs adora

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
swearing
Injury

__________________________

CONTEXT:
For some it's easy to relax and move on from traumatic experiences. For Adora it's not. Training in the gym is the only way in her head to ignore proper help from her friends. Even after the war people try to get her to relax and stop hurting herself in the gym but she still won't listen as she thinks that she doesn't need help from others when she clearly does. If only someone could talk her out of pushing herself too far.

__________________________

ADORA POV:
I wrap the cold, white bandages around my injured wrists. Once again I'm in the gym that smells of my sweat and tears.

It's basically my gym at this point I'm the only one who uses it since the war ended.

So many people come by telling me I should just relax and stop hurting my body by training 24/7 but why would I do that if I can keep myself fit.

Any danger could appear. I've been doing nothing with shera for months which just honestly scares me more, I wouldn't admit that to anyone else though.

I just want to show everyone how I'm not weak. I'm strong and I don't need 'sleep' or 'relaxation'. I've never relaxed in my life so even that would be impossible.

I hit my knuckles on the punching bag.

Once

Twice

Three times

But that's not enough. Nothing's enough.

I continue making my wrists bleed and bruise against the bandages. Everyone has tried to get me to stop but I don't listen. Like why should I listen to them.

I'm she-ra. I don't get to relax. Anyone could need me and I wouldn't be ready if I weren't training right now.

I was brought up this way. Even if my childhood were a lie, me working my body to death isn't a bad thing as long as I'm ready for anything.

I hear the door open and someone walking in gently but I don't stop punching the bag.

"Hey Adora~ why are you training again..?"

Why does she sound so fucking worried?!

"Adora..?" She comes closer and puts her hands on my knuckles gently "you need to stop... your hurting yourself"

I look up at her slowly then back down and my wrists "stop worrying about me. Your making this seem like it's a bad thing.."

"That's because it is! Look at the bruising your causing your hands to do.."

"It doesn't matter. Just let me continue"

"Why do you want to train so badly? There must be a reason"

"I'm she-ra.. I need to be ready"

"Ready? Ready for what? The wars over dummy..." she cups my face so I look at her eyes "etheria is safe. Your Adora too.. not just she-ra. Your aloud to sit and relax. My wife deserves attention and love" she kisses my cheek and pulls away a strand of hair.

Tears fall down my cheeks but my face stays emotionless "I like training it helps me.. it distracts my thoughts.."

"Well I'm here, you don't need to punch your feelings out anymore.. perfuma can help as well as the rest of our friends, you aren't alone" she hugs me tightly

"r-really?"

"Of course silly"

"I love you kitten.."

"I love you too dummy. Now c'mon let people help you like myself"

"But I'm shera.."

"I don't care! Your my wife and I say you deserve love and happiness!! And I bet if we went around to sparkles and arrow boy and the rest of our friends they'd say the same"

"If you say so.."

"I know so" she holds my hand gently inspecting my wrists as she slowly unwraps the poorly bandages "do they hurt?"

"A little.. but it's fine"

Her eyes widen when seeing the bruises I've done to myself "we need to get this healed"

"I can do it myself"

"No I mean a doctor or someone. She-ra needs a rest"

"but-"

"No buts"

"I hate docters"

"I know dummy but you need a professional to help your wrists are really bad, they're bleeding" she strokes her fingers on my wrists to my hands and I flinch "sorry.." she mutters quietly.

"It's fine.."

"It's not fine. Stop saying that." She sighs and looks up to me once again "let's go and get you help okay?"

"Okay.." she helps me out of the gym towards the medic room. I look at Catra and she can see I'm scared.

"It'll be alright. I'm here and I'm not leaving you"

"Promise?"

"Promise."

We both walk in staying together as the medic looks at my wrists. She heals them and bandaged my wrists back up properly.

"See? All done. I'm so proud of you" Catra says gently as I smile faintly.

She kisses my lips slowly and takes me back to OUR bed to try to sleep or to atlease cuddle which soon enough catra's purring sends them both off to sleep whilst tangled up together as lovers.

__________________________

The end <3