Chapter Seven

The gentle buzzing sound coming from her mobile slowly woke her from her slumber. She groaned as she saw who was calling, she did not want to answer so she pushed her phone back under her pillow and turned to face the sleeping man beside her.

He looked even more beautiful to her when he slept, it was the only time he really looked at peace. He stirred as she stroked his bushy beard, his eyes flickered open and when he saw her he smiled.

“Come here you,” he said, in his thick cockney accent, as he pulled her into his chest.

She sighed in contentment for a moment and then lifted her head and kissed him full on his mouth. He responded just as she knew he would; wrapping his arms around her waist, entwining his legs with hers, pressing himself hard into her and circling her tongue with his.

She loved the feel of him against her skin, she loved how he smelt and even more she loved how he touched and caressed her. She could never have enough of him, she utterly adored him and she owed him her life; he had made her what she was after all.

Again he heard the soft buzz from under her pillow, he was curious; her phone had been ringing all morning so he slipped his hand under her to retrieve it.  She asked him not to answer and she fell back and closed her eyes when she saw his puzzled expression as he glanced at the caller ID.

She knew who was calling her and she did not want to know why.

“It’s Johan.” He told her.

The look on her face told him she already knew who it was.

He watched her as she took the phone from his hand and padded across the room, noting her uneasiness. He knew that seven missed calls just within the past hour was a good cause for both their concern.

Johan rarely called anybody; he hated modern technology with a passion, he missed the old world; the old way of living. Technology just complicated his life, it made people lazy but he was grateful that due to this little contraption he did not have to tell her what he knew in person. He did not want to see the look on her face.

Her lover had lied to her, was still lying to her.

Johan stroked his back floppy mohawk and he sucked in a breath when she finally answered his call.

“Johan, it’s good to hear your voice,” she told him truthfully, “but what is wrong.”

“Have you heard the rumours?” He asked her in almost a whisper.

She had heard them, her world was now flooded with them. Hushed murmurs heard around every corner. A vampire had kidnapped a werewolf and the word was that this vampire could now control it. She knew this rumour was the reason vampires were fleeing from England, she had spoken to many who told her of the horrors that were now happening there. The war between the two species had been rekindled, vampires were again being forced into the shadows and back into hiding while the werewolves hunted them down.

“No,” Johan answered her, “that’s now common knowledge and it’s true I am talking about the rumour of who the vampire is.”

She smiled into the phone as strong arms circled around her waist and she sighed in contentment as his mouth nuzzled at her neck causing her to momentarily forget the phone call.

“Are you still there?” Johan barked into the phone, he was desperate to end this conversation.

“I’ll go out and get breakfast.” He whispered into her ear, he sensed she was nervous and decided to give her a little space.

She smiled and nodded at him in response and then watched him as he walked out of the door.

“I am still here Johan, why should I care which vampire it is anyway? I don’t care for werewolves either so what does it matter to me?”