Recap - Part One

“Rachael,” Max screamed as he finally managed to push Shelby off his lap and onto the floor, “it’s not what you think, come back and let me explain.”

However Rachael was not listening because she did not want to hear his lies anymore. After he had just left her bed and kissed Shelby in her own garden, she had finally decided that she would ask her vampire friend, Charlie, to help her. She planned to drink his blood to kill her wolf and live a completely normal human life. Everyone was wrong she did not have to shift and she certainly did not want to be forced, by him, to do so either.

She was staying human.

Shelby was not expecting Max’s rough rejection; she thought he would give in to her bold advances; he always had in the past. She had made it clear she wanted him; she had practically begged him for a second chance, even after what he did to her she still loved him. But she realised the feeling really was no longer mutual when he did not kiss her back.

Shelby felt it was entirely that stupid half breed freaks fault, she had bewitched him with her pathetic damsel in distress act and she was making Max run, like a lap dog, after her. Shelby was jealous of her, she hated her; she always had. She could not believe that Max actually wanted Rachael and somewhere within her warped mind she believed he was only trying to get her attention or to make her jealous.

However he wasn’t.

Shelby thought Rachael was dumb and she deserved what was about to happen to her. Shelby knew what the vampire was planning because she was helping him to do it. Shelby could not wait until Rachael was gone. Once she was out of the way she was going to concentrate on making Max Robertson hers. She believed he would not be able to resist her advances for long and once she became pregnant, he would have no other choice but to stay with her and in preparation she had stopped taking her pill weeks ago.

Max could feel that something was wrong this whole situation.

As Shelby jumped up from the floor where he had just pushed her, she became desperate as she could sense he was becoming suspicious. She just needed to sleep with him again, to get her plan in motion. She grabbed his arm and pulled at it as he tried to follow Rachael.

“Let her go, we belong together,” Shelby shouted as Max wrenched his arm from her grip.

Max’s heart began to pound as he watched Rachael flee. He could sense she was upset and he roared her name again as a car screeched to a halt in front of her.

Max could not believe this was happening, as he reached the car he pounded his fists on the window but Rachael just looked back at him in disgust with tears welling in her eyes.

“It wasn’t what it looked like. Let me explain.” He pleaded with her.

She just turned her head in the opposite direction because she did not want to look at him.

He pounded his fists again on the window and snarled as the vampire sitting in the driver’s seat of the car laughed at him. Before Max could open the door the cars tyres screeched and it sped away.

He was suspicious; the timing of the vampire’s arrival was too perfect.  As Max inhaled deeply he knew that the vampire had been here for quite some time. His stench was hanging in the air because he had been waiting for her; waiting to take her.

The vampire had been waiting for Rachael; he had brought Shelby to her house and was given strict instructions by his Maker not to return home unless Rachael was with him and he did not dare upset his Maker.

He sighed with relief when he saw Rachael was watching Shelby straddling Max and he drove towards her as she began to run. He had laughed when she had asked him to take her to Charlie, his Maker, his genius plan was really coming together and he slyly smirked to himself as she got into the car because he knew she would not be going home ever again.