Chapter Seven

Natsuo woke with a smile on his face and stretched languorously before his dark grey eyes fluttered open. His smile fell as he realized he was in his room in the Todoroki Estate. He'd been having such a good dream too. He was living on campus and Nell had started a video game club and she'd screamed at everyone in the club until they'd started to cry for their terrible gaming skills. It was a hilarious dream and he desperately wished he was back in it.

With a sigh, he drug himself from his bed and went to take a shower and get ready for the day. After he was showered, clothed and a little more awake, he headed for the kitchen for some breakfast. Hoping his father was already away at work, he paused and listened at the edge of the hall to see if he could hear his voice.

He just heard Fuyumi washing dishes after whatever she'd made for breakfast. Breathing a small sigh of relief he exited the hall only to groan inwardly as he spotted his father sitting at the table with a newspaper in hand. Natsuo ducked around him, avoiding his line of sight while trying his best to contain the scowl on his face. He slipped into the kitchen in search of a breakfast item he could take with him on the go, but was caught by Fuyumi.

"You got home late last night." Fuyumi commented and threw him a scrutinizing look waiting for his answer.

"Yeah, I had a project to work on. I'll probably be working on it all week." He responded as he continued his search.

"All week?" Fuyumi asked somewhat sadly. "I was hoping we'd get to have a few family dinners before you start living in the dorms. I feel like once that happens we'll never see you."

Natsuo felt his heart clench with guilt.

"Can't you work on it here?" She asked.

"Ah, it's a partners project, I don't kno-."

"Your classmate is more than welcome to join us." Fuyumi grinned.

If she did, she'd probably never speak to him again, it would be way too awkward. Or even worse he'd find out she was a fan of his father's and that would ruin everything. "I don't know." Natsuo grumbled.

"Well, ask them, please." Fuyumi threw a pleading look at him.

"Alright." Natsuo sighed as he finally found a breakfast bar. He grabbed it, and headed for the door.

His father threw him a curious look and appeared to be about to ask him something. Having a conversation with Endeavor, being literally the last thing he wanted to happen, he hurriedly scrambled out the door with his shoes halfway on. He adjusted his shoes outside before taking off toward campus.

As he was walking past a park he noticed two things, there appeared to be a coffin shaped cluster of roses in one patch of grass that several people were standing on the path staring at and the local jewelry store across from the park had its windows busted. There were some people sweeping up glass on the sidewalk and a few others working to board up the windows. What happened? His gaze fell back to the coffin shaped cluster of roses and he wondered if Nell had somehow been involved, she was the only person he knew with a rose quirk.

He got to campus an hour before class and headed to the campus cafeteria after realizing the breakfast bar was horribly stale. He discarded it in a trash receptacle. As he reached the cafeteria he paused as he spotted Nell at the coffee bar. She was dressed in another pair of fishnet leggings with a pair of acidic green shredded up shorts, a black tank top and a tattered jacket with an apron overtop and a silly coffee bar visor on her head. She was currently in the middle of a heated argument with a middle aged man wearing a polo with the coffee bar logo on it who Natsuo assumed was her manager.

Natsuo chuckled and made his way to the coffee bar as Nell flipped off the guy in the polo. He stormed away in anger yelling some profanities. Nell spotted Natsuo and her cheeks reddened a little.