Chapter Eight

Trigger Warning: Mentions of rape, gore, castration

It took several tries before Nell was finally put in a room close enough she could get to Maria at the hospital. Her best friend broke down sobbing the moment she saw her and told her a horrifying story. Damien had taken her out to a concert, like normal, and everything was going great until he said they were going to an afterparty. Maria told him she didn't want to go since it was a school night.

He'd taken her to one of his friends' house, given her some kind of drug and they'd all taken turns raping her. She'd tried to go to her parents but they did nothing because Damien's Dad was a popular hero.

Maria killed herself once she was released from the hospital and Nell felt like her entire world had been destroyed. Maria was the only thing that had ever mattered. She'd tried to get her father to do something about what had happened, since he was a politician he could do something. He met with Damien's father; they both had a good laugh and decided to support one another. Damien's father agreed to endorse her father and vice versa. As soon as the words 'boys will be boys' had left their mouths Nell knew politicians and heroes were all corrupt pieces of shit and the only way for Maria to get any kind of justice was for her to take the law into her own hands.

Seventeen year old Nell sat atop the hood of Damien's brand new Porsche, a present from his Daddy, no doubt. All the other cars were gone which meant Damien and his posse of dumbasses were probably up to no good, destroying school property harassing the janitorial staff or graffiting something. She was surprisingly calm. She'd tried all the legal channels to get justice for her best friend, she'd gone to her father, that backfired, she called the police, they just laughed at her and said they wouldn't dare go after the son of such a popular hero and 'boys will be boys'. Everyone else had failed Maria, the hospital staff failed when they'd brushed off everything she'd told them, the police failed, the government failed, the heroes failed but Nell wouldn't fail her.

"Oh, if it isn't little Loony Nelly." Damien's voice sounded from the edge of the parking lot, "careful you don't scratch the paint babe, it's new."

"I'm gonna do a whole lot more than scratch it." Nell said quietly as she calmly waited for them to approach.

"Did you hear me? Get off my car, or did you want what Maria got?" Damien smirked and made a lewd gesture. "So good you'll die."

"When I'm through with all of you, you'll wish you were dead." Nell hissed as Damien got within reach and put his hand around her neck.

"What was tha-?" His voice started out cocky but began to raise in a panic as black thorny vines ripped from Nells throat, piercing through his hand and winding and tearing up and through his arm. He let out a terrified shriek.

More black thorn covered vines tore from the ground all around them, several began to encircle his car and tighten like a boa constrictor. The car let out a groan as it began to crunch inward. The other vines leapt up and wound around the legs of all of them, every last one of those bastards who'd raped her best friend.

The boys began to scream in terror as the thorn covered vines continued trailing up their legs, through their pants, digging into their skin burrowing toward their privates. "You'll never do what you did to Maria to anyone else, ever again." Nell's expression was cold and unfeeling as they all let out high pitched screams of agony and horror as her vines mutilated them. Most of them passed out right away and dropped to the ground, but Nells vines supported Damien keeping him upright.