Chapter Ten

"ELEANOR!" Her father's enraged voice sounded from downstairs.

Seventeen year old Nell tensed as she heard her father stomping up the stairs angrily. "Fuck." She slipped out to her balcony not wanting to deal with his rage.

A strong hand encircled her neck as she stepped outside and Nell glanced over to see a man who looked like an older version of Damien wearing a silver mask over his eyes and a tight silver bodysuit with his stupid initials on it. Damien's father, Daring Dante, was his ridiculous hero name.

"You're about to have a very bad day, sweetheart." He hissed angrily.

Nell smirked, "yeah, how's Dickless' day going?"

His grip on her throat tightened, cutting off her oxygen supply. "I don't think you've quite grasped how fucked you are." She felt the blood vessels in her neck begin to rupture.

"Your son and his asshole friends raped my best friend, they got what they deserved, they're lucky I left them breathing." Nell managed to hiss before she couldn't breathe at all.

"I'm sure she wanted it." He growled his grip tightening, Nell thought she heard something crack and suddenly her body exploded into hundreds of rose petals.

The petals reassembled behind him and black thorn covered vines tore from her throat. They pierced him through the spine and embedded into his skin circling his spinal cord. He let out a cry of agony as the thorn covered vines tore into him. He activated his quirk and Nell felt everything around her shift as they suddenly teleported into the air.

She felt a sense of panic overcome her as they began to fall, she'd never exploded into petals before, it had just kind of happened, she wasn't sure she could make it happen again! It didn't matter, she had to put an end to Daring Dante, he was no hero, he was a piece of shit. Her vines tightened around his spinal cord until she heard the snapping of bones. She released him from her hold and concentrated hard as the ground fast approached.

Her body exploded into petals just before she could hit the ground.

Nell snapped out of her thoughts as a plate shattered. Natsuo looked like he were about to apologize for breaking it before remembering that was the whole point of the rage room.

Nell smiled and handed him a crowbar. "Go crazy."

Natsuo hesitated as he took the crowbar in his hand. He looked at her as if he were afraid of revealing how much ugliness and rage he'd buried deep down inside of himself. What would she think of him if he let it out?

Nell picked up a baseball bat, a lot of people hesitated their first time in a rage room, they were reluctant to give themselves that outlet afraid if they let everything out they'd never be able to come down, they'd never stop rampaging. Sometimes it took awhile but she'd learned it was best to get things out. She looked at a large vase atop a pedestal and pictured her parents' faces on it.

"Fucking pieces of shit." Nell slammed the bat into the vase sending it flying across the room, it smashed into the opposite wall shattering into hundreds of pieces. She turned to see Natsuo staring at her with wide eyes. "Go on, picture his face, right there." She pointed at the TV sitting atop a media stand. "You can scream, shout, break shit, let yourself let go."

Natsuo looked at the sleek black TV screen and envisioned his father's face on it. He thought of the older brother he'd looked up to and loved dearly and how he'd been taken too soon because of his piece of a shit father. His grip on the crowbar tightened until it was painful before he swung. The screen shattered and he kept swinging until the TV was scattered into too small of pieces for him to hit and then he turned on a curio cabinet filled with dishes and kept swinging.

Nell froze and looked over at the sweet boy as he let go of nearly two decades worth of suppressed rage. She felt tears well in her eyes as she watched him unleash every ounce of fury, grief and pain with each powerful swing of the crowbar. Glass exploded all around the room. She took a few steps back to avoid some flying glass shards and felt her heart stutter in her chest.

Once every last piece of furniture, painting, vase and breakable object was destroyed, the crowbar slipped from Natsuo's grasp and he finally took a deep breath. Nell ran to him and threw her arms around him. She held him close as tears spilled down her cheeks.

Natsuo stared in awe at the destruction he'd caused and felt sick with guilt. Had he scared Nell? He should have known he'd inherited something from his father and knowing his luck it would be his temper, whenever he allowed himself to let it out.

"I'm sorry, Nell." Natsuo panted softly, shaken by the awful dark feelings he'd felt moments before.

Nell pulled back and looked at him with tears clinging to her cheeks, "you don't have anything to be sorry for. That's what this is all for."

Natsuo wiped away her tears, "why are you crying?"

"Honestly it was kind of beautiful, but mostly because I felt like this was long overdue for you and it's heartbreaking that you've been keeping THAT much emotion bottled up for so long." Nell offered him a somber smile of understanding.

Natsuo stared down at her feeling overcome with emotion. He'd expected her to be scared, but he should have guessed the wild vigilante she was, wouldn't be scared so easily. "Thank you, Nell." He wrapped his arms around her and held her close for a long moment.

"Should we get a room reset and go again or would you rather unwind with a nice relaxing game of Overcooked?" Nell pondered.

"Nothing about that game is relaxing." Natsuo chuckled.

"I personally think Kevin is very relaxing." Nell pointed, causing Natsuo to laugh.

"I'm in." He smiled and followed her out of the rage room.

Video- "Punching Bag" By Palaye Royale