Chapter 5 ~ Secrets out

A few moments after Keith had left the dinning hall and headed back to his room pidge quietly excused herself from the table and gave Shiro a quick glance hoping he got the, ill check on him look she was giving him. She hurried down the halls of the castle until she finally made it to Keith's door, she was about to knock as she assumed his door would be locked, so when the door slid open she was a little shocked to say the least but that was nothing compared to the shock and confusion she felt when she saw Keith. 

Keith was stood in front of his mirror in a skirt and crop top, pidge was shocked.

(What Keith was wearing)

 Her mind flooded with questions but before she was done processing Keith quickly turned around with tears flowing down his face, he just kept repeating "Its not what it looks like"

 Her mind flooded with questions but before she was done processing Keith quickly turned around with tears flowing down his face, he just kept repeating "Its not what it looks like". He tried to shoo her out of his room with little luck as she pulled him into a hug his sobs only got louder she kept her grip on him as she moved them so they where sat on his bed, her arms still rapped around him. She'd never seen the older boy so upset before, she knew she had to do something but she had no idea what to do. 

Pidge- Keith it's ok, shh stop crying and talk to me. what's going on, huh ?

Keith- I .. I I'm trans, I want to be a girl .. 

There was a moment of silence

Pidge- How long have you been feeling like this Keith ? Why didn't you talk to someone ?

Keith- I .. when I was nine I realized I was but I've only recently accepted it fully and the reason I didn't talk to anyone was because I was kicked out of my foster home for it and I guess I never really got over it. 

Keith began to have a panic attack 

Keith- Oh god, you probably hate me, you probably never want to talk to me again, your ganna tell me its disgusting and that we cant be friends anymore then you'll tell the others and .. and they'll hate me too  *cry's and struggles to breath*

Pidge- Keith its ok, take some deep breaths. I don't hate you I could never hate you. telling the team is your decision not mine and I'm sure you will when your ready. 

Keith- B.. but why ?

Pidge- Because you wanna know a secret, I'm trans too I want to be a boy.

Keith- R.. really ? 

Pidge- Really, your not alone Keith. I promise, and I promise we will get through this together. 

Keith- Thank you pidge

Pidge pulls Keith into another tight hug and wipes away the few remaining tears from his cheek. Keith felt like there was this weight that had been lifted off of his chest. He knew that his journey had only just began but he found comfort in knowing that he would have support from pidge along the way and that he wasn't alone. Now thought was the part he was most worried about, he had to find the courage to tell Shiro. Pidge felt him tense up in her grip and gave him a gentle squeeze, he took a deep breath and told her he should go talk to Shiro and finally tell him the truth. Pidge gave him a small smile and wished him good luck. He could do this , couldn't he ? 

(Word count ~ 607)