-4-

After finishing his surprisingly-decent-painting, Rantaro sat back as he admired his work. Not being a painter, they were quite proud of what he created.

Rantaro glanced over at Shuichi's painting, but couldn't look away after he realised that Shuichi had painted them.

"You painted me?" He asked, slightly taken aback.

"Ah.. yeah, I hope you don't mind." Shuichi answered with a slight giggle as he finished up the painting.

Rantaro observed the painting beside his, admiring every detail. It was almost as if he had printed his face onto the canvas, there wasn't one flaw in it all.
"It's amazing..." Rantaro mumbled after a moments silence.

Shuichi blushed slightly before thanking Rantaro, praising their painting too. Rantaro thanking him then looked down at his feet - where Moss had dozed off.

Realising Moss had fallen asleep, Rantaro looked up at the clock and realised it was late-afternoon already.
"Ah.. I should really be getting back home by now."

"Oh that's alright." Shuichi responded, picking up Moss and taking her to a cat bed beside the sofa.
Rantaro got up and started to make his way to the door with his bag, not being the best at farewells they just decided to say,
"See you time soon Shuichi!" As he left.

Rantaro thought about the whole day and realised it hadn't exactly gone to plan. They didn't talk to each other throughout painting at all, so Rantaro still knows basically nothing about the other boy.
He knew he wasn't going to hear the end of this when Kaito found out, but even though the day was silent, it was far from awkward. The silent was comforting in a way, and Rantaro wasn't dissatisfied by the end of the date.

Wait..

Was that a date?
It was like a date.
But does it qualify? They didn't even talk..
But it wasn't like Rantaro wanted it to be a date,
Right?

Holy shit he did

Rantaro arrived at his home after a confusing walk with their thoughts, pulling out his phone and dropping onto the sofa.

Rantaro: mback from saiharas

Kaito: really!?how was ur dateee lol

Rantaro: it wasn't a date u dumbfucg
also it was pretty good we just painted

Kaito:...just painted?

Rantaro: yh?

Kaito: ..nothing else?

Rantaro: well I met his cat

Kaito: did u nor even talk

Rantaro:..no

Kaito: you've went out with so many people dude... what happened...

Rantaro: shut up it wasnt awkward

Kaito: how the fuck

Rantaro: find out urself when u go out with idabashi they seem quiet

Kaito: we r going to go stargazing tomorrow😎

Rantaro: damn you didn't get rejected? wtff

Kaito: shut yo ass up
I've only been rejected twice😡😡

Rantaro: thrice

Kaito: stfu

Rantaro:anyways
wanna go to the cafe tomorrow b4 ur date

Kaito: sure y not

Rantaro: mgonna invite kokichi

Kaito: ....k

Rantaro swiped away from Kaito's dms and onto Kokichi's, typing out his first message.

Rantaro: hey midget wanna go to a cafe with me and Kaito tomorrow

Kokichi: omg.. u rlly want Kaito to be a third wheel?

Rantaro: stfu there's a cute worker there

Kokichi: ill be there

Rantaro rolled his eyes at the annoying boy, turning off his phone and throwing it onto the coffee table. He threw his arms back behind their head and started to doze off, not caring that he was on a sofa.

k I'm sorry that these chapter are so short and underwhelming?? I'll try to start writing more and making longer chapters soon.,,, hopefully..