💖💚

((An amazing request for AlexMidoiya ! I've been waiting to write some Matchalossom for a bit now! Sooo, enjoy!))

************************************************

No matter how hard of the day Cherry had, he always made an effort to go to joes restaurant after work. Usually around closing time specifically. But today was abnormally harder than usual, but he shrugged it off as any other day! Joe greeted him just as he did everyday and Cherry took a seat at the bar as he normally did, ordering his usual spaghetti and wine. Not to mention the fact that Kojiro always got Kaoru to vent. It was good for him, ya know?. They proceeded to tell each other about their days and how things went. Even Joe could tell cherry looked pretty rough along with how his day had went! "Man, sounds pretty rough. You really need to take a break sometime, you know that?" "Yeah yeah, you say that every time" he spoke as the food was brought out.

************************************************

But Joe was right! Kaoru wanted to slip so bad right now! But he was with Joe and even though Joe was his caregiver, he wasn't going to give in now. He'd kept it up all day! He was sure he could make it. And so he proceeded to vent and eat. His voice noticeably sounding more whiny and small with each word. Until he accidentally knocked over the half full glass of wine. Poor boy was in between headspaces, not knowing how to react and trying his best to clean it up with napkins until Joe came back. "Woah! You alright? Here let me-" "no! I got it!" He spoke sorta loudly, tears threatening to spill. Thankfully now it was just them, they'd closed about 10 minutes ago. "Bub-" "no! I'll take care of it! I swear!" His brain was going from 4 years old to about 26. Honestly it probably gave him a headache before he finally gave up. Backing away from the small spill and just sitting down with his face in his knees without another word.

************************************************

"I....I in trouble, right?" He mumbled. "Oh no no no no- of corse not prince. It was an accident, I told you I'd take care of it..." "buh wan be big for you! An..an help!" "Baby I don't need any help. I told you I'd take care of everything in the entire world if you wanted me to" this brought a small smile as Cherry began to perk up. "Can we clean an den go home?" "Of corse, your seat is the only thing left. How about you go get my things from the back then meet me in here so we can go?" The little nodded, rushing off to do such as Joe cleaned up the small bit of mess that was left.

************************************************

After a short drive home, Kaoru was finally really able to let go of everything. His age now bobbing around 3, which was normal. "Can we color an watch Courage?" (That show still scares the shit outa me- but I think cherry would enjoy it <3) "of corse bubba" and so Courage the Cowardly Dog was put on the tv and cherry got all of his coloring things and his paci along with some comfy clothes (being provided by Joe ofc)! And now he was ready for a good night after a bad day. All of his drawings ending up on the fridge even though tomorrow he'd deny he made any of them. But it still made little him happy! So it was always done that way. At about 11:30pm, the little was sprawled out asleep on the floor until he was moved onto the bed, finally getting some good, well deserved sleep for once.