iii.

"so I sneak out to the garden to see you
we keep quiet, 'cause we're dead if they knew

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

a devious smile spread across her lips as she slowly inched closer towards the boy, who sat, turning the pages of his book idly, oblivious to the impending presence of her tall figure.

suddenly, she jumped at him, squealing, clutching his waist, and tickling him mercilessly. in horror, he screamed, begging her to stop, tears rolling down his cheeks.

when she halted a while later, he collapsed on top of her as he panted, trying to catch his breath. she shrieked, giggling, and pushed him off her onto the grass wet from the morning dew, which shimmered like tiny rhinestones when the sunlight hit it.

she closed her eyes, seeing the colour dancing on her eyelids, as she took a deep breath. slowly peeking her eyes open, she saw a book tossed away near the thistle plants in the corner of her eye.

its title clearly written on its backstrip 'romeo and juliet'. her lips twisted into a smile as she turned to look at him, raising an inquisitive eyebrow. 

"romeo and juliet, hmm? i thought you didn't read the novels written by 'weird muggles?'" she smirked at him, seeing as he froze like an antelope in headlights, his eyes widened comically.

he stuttered and stumbled over his words, trying to make up a believable excuse. "weren't you the one who said that it was a good read?" she raised an unimpressed eyebrow at his pathetic logic.

she shook her head, unable to fight a smile forming on her face, carefully picking up the fallen book, and making herself at home as she pressed the side of her arm to her friend's side, as he put his own around her neck, the both of them leaning against the bark of a hawthorn tree. 

she flipped the very first page, leaning her head on his arm, and the two began reading the tragic story of two lovers, unaware that their own story might be somewhat tragic, though not the same.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

so close your eyes
escape this town for a little while, oh oh"