iv.

"'cause you were romeo, i was a scarlet letter
and my daddy said, "stay away from juliet"
but you were everything to me
i was beggin' you, "please don't go, " and i said

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

she navigated her way through the bustling crowd, searching for his tall self that stood out of the crowd. on spotting him, the girl pulled at his hand without sparing him a glance dragged him into an abandoned corridor. 

she finally looked at him with her arms crossed, eyes squinted and an exasperated sigh leaving her mouth. "what is the matter with you?" she scowled at him, her eyes scanning him from top to bottom, while he stared at her with a hurricane of emotions in his eyes.

her eyes softened as she noticed the dark circles beneath his eyes, and his skin a deathly pale. she took his hands in hers, saddened by his state. "what happened?" her soft voice spoke, merely above a whisper.

she felt her body ebb as he held up his sleeve with a shaking hand, her eyes glistening with unshed tears, just like the boy's. she pressed a kiss to the mark stained on his forearm and brought him into a hug, her arms wound tightly around the one she loved.

she suppressed her whimpers as the boy broke down in her arms, his sobs wracking his body, crystalline tears slipping down his pale cheeks, the sadness, the guilt and the immense fear hanging in the air around the two.

a while later, he looked at her, a heartbroken look in his face, as he told her that he'd never be able to talk to her again. she glanced back at him with a heartbroken smile, knowing the reason why. so she slipped her hand down the opening of her satchel feeling as she grabbed the book.

she placed it his hands, pressing a soft kiss to his lips, whispering, "then keep it with you till we find each other again."

they stood in the hallway, in each other's arms, not knowing when they'd be together again.

they were romeo and juliet, in their own way, in a different love story.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
i'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
you'll be the prince and i'll be the princess
it's a love story, baby, just say, "yes""