vii.

"romeo, save me,
i've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you,
but you never come

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

her eyebrows furrowed in deep concentration, her  tongue poked from in between the slightly crooked teeth she adorned. her eyes squinted as the said maiden delicately attempted to position the last manuka in centerpiece pot. she sighed, proud of her accomplishment to see the most ludicrous centerpiece before her.

she groaned, falling flat against the chair quite comically and her ears perked as she heard him snickering. on seeing her defeated expression, he burst into uncontrollable laughter, unable to keep it in. she eyed him with mock distaste, but couldn't help the edge of her lips from twitched as she got infected by his contagious laughter and the smile that could light up the whole town.

she leaned against the countertop, eyes trained on him while he fixed the flowers for her. her lips pulled into a grin, watching his nose scrunched and lips pursed in focus.

her eyes wandered from him to the grassy field out the window. a beige carpet with maroon patches laid neatly, crochet cushions arranged perfectly and delicate buttercups strewn around. he had taken quite the care to make this day as perfect as possible, and she had no idea why.

but he was happy, and that was all she cared for. they lived here now. new place, new beginnings, they said. of course the thought of going back england came, of going back to the place they made memories- both good and bad, now that the war was over. but the thought remained a thought and was merely brushed aside like dust off the countertop. 

he smiled in adoration at how she zoned out completely, staring outside in childish curiosity. it was the day. no, not just any day. the day. on which he'd get on his knee and pull out a ring. most people would be nervous. he wasn't. but then again, he wasn't like most people. neither of them were. 

they were one of a kind. priceless, rare, unique and pure. they didn't belong. not like weeds in a garden, but like jewels among pebbles. 

and that is why they were perfect for each other, for all along there was some invisible string tying them to each other.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃・❪ ❁ ❫ ・▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

is this in my head?
i don't know what to think
he knelt to the ground
and pulled out a ring"