13 | pessimist

do I love this filler chapter before the battle? no. but here, and I hope you enjoy it

As Bella climbed out of her truck, her eyes were glued to the front door of her house

As Bella climbed out of her truck, her eyes were glued to the front door of her house. She had been out with Jasper, Edward, and Jacob, trying to make sure the plan to lead the army to a clearing with her scent would work. She had just gotten back and saw Charlie exiting the house with both Valeria and Alice.

Charlie had a big smile on his face and laughed at something Valeria said while Alice headed down the front steps and toward Bella.

"Alright, Alice. Don't be a stranger," Charlie said. "You either, Valeria. We still expecting you for the Mariners game?"

"Of course. Still want the wings extra spicy?" Valeria asked, tilting her head.

Charlie jokingly scoffed. "Do you even have to ask?"

With one last wave, Charlie headed back inside the house. Valeria joined Alice and Bella, the latter of which looked at them in surprise, not knowing why the vampires were there.

"Your alibi for the battle is all arranged," Alice informed her.

"Really?"

"We told your father that our whole family's going camping this weekend. So you, Val, and I are having a sleepover at my house. Charlie is going fishing anyway."

"Charlie?" Bella repeated, surprised to hear Alice say it so casually. "You guys are on a first-name basis now? Thought that was just him and V."

"Me, he likes," Alice said with a pleased smirk on her face. Then she glanced at her sister. "And we all know he adores Valeria."

Valeria beamed as Bella playfully scoffed. "Yeah, I can't count the number of times I've heard his 'can't you just date his sister' speech."

"You know I'd treat you like a princess, Bells," Valeria said, winking at her. "But actually, you and Edward will have the house to yourself tonight."

They watched as Bella's face shifted, realizing that for the first time in weeks, there wouldn't be another person — vampire or werewolf — lurking in the shadows and stealing away her private moments with their supernatural hearing. It'd just be her and her boyfriend.

"Like alone?" Bella asked, wanting to make sure.

"We're all going hunting, powering up for the battle," Alice stated. Then she shared a mischievous look with Valeria. They knew exactly the kind of thoughts that were running through Bella's head.

Valeria snickered before patting Bella's shoulder. "You're welcome."

☽︎

"So, what would happen if you ate this cheeseburger?"

Quil's question earned some laughs from the other wolves. They were all sitting around at the treaty line, and Valeria had brought tons of food to feed them. After finding out that Edward was kicking all the Cullens out of the house for the night, the pack saw no problem with keeping Valeria company.