20 | kill the vibe

hey, it's me, two years later haha. yeah, no, go reread this if you gotta and i'm sorry it took so long to update this. but i'm excited for the things i have planned.

"He's gonna kill the vibe

"He's gonna kill the vibe."

"He is not gonna kill the vibe!"

"He's a white boy. White boys always kill the vibe," Quil stated, scoffing playfully.

"Yeah," Jacob added, grinning.

"Jake, you should be on my side," Valeria told him, pouting. "You should love Mike simply because Edward hates him."

"That's a fair argument, actually," he said, nodding along. "Okay, he can come to beach day."

"I mean, she's not asking our permission. The guy's already halfway to the Res," Jared said from his spot on the sand next to Kim.

With things calmed down and the wedding over, the pack was having a day at the beach. There was going to be a bonfire when it got darker, Valeria and Sue had cooked up tons of snacks, and a few soccer and footballs were brought as well.

Valeria had been trying to teach Sam how to balance a soccer ball on top of his nose like a seal when she remembered to let them know she had invited Mike to join them.

"Why's he gotta come?" Leah asked, rolling her eyes. There were already too many guys for her liking. "He sounds stupid from Seth's stories."

"He is stupid but he's my stupid best friend," Valeria told them, smiling. "Plus, I'm the only one left for him to hang out with. Eric and Angela both went off to Washington State. Jess is at Stanford, and Tyler is playing football at some school in Florida."

Not to mention Bella, who was one week into her honeymoon, would be a friend he probably never saw again what with the vampirism and all.

"I guess if he can make Sam like him then he can't be that unbearable," Embry said, shrugging. "But he better not be a sore loser when I kick his ass at soccer. We're putting him on Quil's team."

"Uh, my team's gonna win," Quil stated, glaring at his best friend.

"Yeah, right," Embry said, scoffing.

As Embry and Quil began to wrestle to settle their argument, Valeria turned back to Leah and Jacob. "Just tolerate him the best you can, please. And cool it with the vampire and werewolf talk."

"You're gonna cut our snack privileges off if we're rude, aren't you?" Paul asked, continuing to rub sunscreen on Rachel's shoulders.

"Absolutely."

"We'll treat him like a goddamn king!" Jared shouted, giving Valeria his most serious look. "We'll make him the new alpha if you want."

Sam snorted and threw the soccer ball at Jared's head, who barely dodged it. "A pack run by Mike Newton would be absolute chaos, though I also can't deny — amusing."