19 | sister

it took a little longer than i anticipated to update. i started my new semester of college, and it is significantly more difficult and time consuming than my past ones. anyway, hope you enjoy!

Sam spotted Valeria the second she had stepped outside

Sam spotted Valeria the second she had stepped outside. His mate's scent brought him comfort and a welcome distraction, as he had previously been trying to not stare at the new, unfamiliar coven of vampires that were standing across the crowd.

Valeria weaved through the crowd of guests that had arrived for the wedding, them milling around until it was time to take their seats. She found Sam in no time, standing against the back wall with Billy, Seth, and Sue — they were the only four that cared enough to come to the wedding.

Billy didn't particularly want to be there — what person did want to see the young girl he watched grow up marry a bloodsucking monster? But he owed both Bella and Charlie the respect of attending. Sue was slightly more open to the idea of the marriage, simply because she hadn't known about vampires for very long and as far as she was concerned, the Cullens were good and that's all that mattered.

Seth was excited to be at the wedding. He was just excited to be making nice with the coven at all, finding them — well, mainly Emmett and Jasper — just as fun as Valeria. Sam, of course, was there because Valeria asked him and because he was a part of the family now, as far as anyone was concerned. If he didn't attend, Edward might hold it over his head forever. Literally.

As Valeria approached, she noticed that both Billy and Sam were looking across the room at something with nervous looks on their faces, but as soon as Sam caught Valeria's comforting scent, his eyes sought her out in the crowd. Her lips, coated in a muted berry-colored lipstick, broke into a smile that he easily matched.

"Hey," she greeted, and Sam put his arms around her waist. Valeria placed her hands on his chest, straightening out the collar on his dress shirt. "I never knew you looked so good in a suit."

And he did look good in a suit. It was a black suit made by some Italian designer that Alice had forced him into. The werewolf had quickly learned how hard it was to fight off Alice when she was determined to play dress-up with those around her.

"Don't get used to it," Sam said, grinning down at her. "It's not exactly practical for when I need to phase on the fly."

Valeria shrugged before flashing a flirtatious smirk. "Oh well, I prefer you shirtless anyway."

Sam chuckled before letting his eyes rake down Valeria's form. It was a pastel purple color, made of delicate silk — Sam preferred to not think about how much it must have cost. Instead, he thought of how the garment hugged her tightly, held up by thin straps.

"You look beautiful," Sam told her, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Don't get used to it," she copied him. "I'll be back in my vintage sweaters and baggy jeans tomorrow."