And Crazy

Theo leads me to the busy street near his apartment. It's dark out but the lights of the buildings are quite blinding. I hate how flashy the street is, I feel like I'm going to faint from all this light pollution. Theo holds my hand firmly and takes me to an establishment with a glowing "The Crypt" sign above it.

"Is this a club? Are we going to a club?" I ask frantically, seeing the long line of people outside.

"Yes, but can you be quiet?" He continues to walk, neglecting the line.

"Follow my lead." He walks faster, pushing some of the people. I can feel the death stares of everyone and I can't help but look down at my feet. By the time I looked up, we were already in front of the line and I could hear the complaints of everyone at the back.

"Name?" The bouncer asks.

"Come on, Pedro. Don't act like it's your first time seeing me." Theo puts his arm over my shoulders, making me feel the awkward chill again.

"Not you, Theo. I am talking to her. I also need to see some ID." He puts down his clipboard. I quickly searched the inside of my backpack for my wallet. Do I not look 18 enough? Well I have been told before that I have the face of a child and I don't think it's a good thing and I do not like being rushed and stared at like this at all.

"Pedro, we have been through this so many times. I already have an arrangement." Theo discreetly shows him the 1000 peso bill in his hand.

"Turns out you did, my mistake." Pedro looks at his clipboard and lets us through, shaking hands with Theo as we head into the very dark building.

"Theo, I can't see a thing." I shout but the music is too loud.

"I got you." Theo speaks right next to my ear, pushing me forward. I'm starting to get used to this tingly feeling.

"If you don't want to get lost, then stay close to me. Got it?" He put his hands on the arch of my back and kept pushing lightly. I'm trying my best not to trip from the stuff I'm feeling on the floor. I feel like I'm blind folded and walking on a minefield.

I hear a loud and familiar remix blasting from around the corner. As we walk closer, I see flashing lights brighter than the ones outside. I feel the environment shake from the speaker of the DJ booth. Around 30 people are dancing in the middle of the floor and honestly, I am very overwhelmed and a bit dizzy from the lights but I don't want to seem like a buzz kill.

"This is perfect, it's not too crazy yet. How about we go to the bar and get a few drinks?" He smiles at me the same way as when we first met each other. How can I say no to those gorgeous hazel eyes? By the way he maneuvers through the club, it confirms that he is definitely a regular here.

"Tom, Can I get my usual and a mimosa for the lady." Theo orders the bartender.

"Oh, no thanks. I don't drink alcohol." I declined his offer, making the barkeep stop.

"It's just a fancy way of saying orange juice it won't actually make you drunk." He explains but I have made up my mind about drinking stuff at a bar.

"No thanks. Do you have water?" I respectfully declined, and asked the bartender and he nodded.

"What is your problem?" Theo suddenly pulls me aside.

"I don't have any problem."

"You're so uptight. I'm trying to help you feel better but every time I do you try to fight it. One mimosa might make you loosen up a little." I can sense the irritation in his voice.

"I don't want to drink, Theo. Can you just respect that?"

"We had one rule. Do you know how much money I've spent just trying to get you in here?" He argues.

"As matter of fact, I do. You know what, all this time I felt very uncomfortable with the way you touched me but I can forgive you. I admire your efforts in trying to cheer me up but you can't make me drink by shoving money in front of people." I try to keep my composure even though I'm a bit scared.

"You know what, I'm not going to argue with you. You're not worth it. You're on your own." He chuckles and leaves me standing next to the bar. I can't believe Theo did that to me. WHAT AN EGOTISTICAL MANIAC! How dare he leave a girl with no sense of direction alone in a place like this? I'm such a moron for letting him drag me into this situation. To hell with him! I need to get out of here.

After what it feels like hours of going through a bunch of people, I finally found the exit. I felt the warm air and the smell of the busy streets as I walked out. I think I'm about to cry. I would choose this over the smell of liquor and sweaty people on any day or occasion. I was about to run back to the university but I heard a voice.

"How about we continue this at my place huh?" I overheard a man standing next to a woman who looked like she had too much to drink. He wanted her to get into his car.

"No, I think I should go home." The lady said, pulling away from the guy.

"But we are having so much fun already-" He starts kissing the lady but it was met by a hard slap. I couldn't just stand anymore.

"Get away from her, she said she wants to go home. You pervert!" I scream, making a huge ruckus so everyone around me notices what's going on. They both froze as soon as people surrounded us.

"Didn't you hear me?! Let her go." I look at him dead in the eye, making him loosen his grasp from the girl's arm. He immediately went inside his car and drove off.

"Don't worry. I got a photo of his license plate. He isn't going off that easily. I'm calling the authorities." A courageous woman came up to us and reported the incident to the police.

"Are you hurt?" I ask as I check for possible injuries on her.

"I'm okay. Thank you guys for saving me." She smiled at us and slowly the people who remained silent vanished back to the darkness.

"Ugh, my head hurts. I need to call my brother but I seem to have lost my phone." She reveals.

"You can borrow mine." I handed her my phone. The woman from before needed to go somewhere so she got my contact information just in case the police found the guy.

"Thank you. I don't know how to repay you." The lady handed back my phone to me.

"No need. My mom always says that girls should look out for each other. I'm Sofie by the way."

"I'm Sally. My brother is arriving soon. It would be an honor if I could escort you home safely, it's the least that I can do from all the trouble I've caused. " She says. I was about to say no but a black sedan stopped in front of us.

"Thank God you are alright." The guy driving the car goes out and hugs Sally tightly. He might be a school mate of mine driving from school since my university logo is on his customized ID lace.

"I know, it was a close call. Thank God Sofie is here." She lets go of his hug.

"Sofie, this is Charlie. Charlie, this is the angel that saved me." She introduces us to each other.

"Charles Victorino." He put out his hand and waited for me to do the same.

"Fie Vila." I grab his hand and we shake on it.